Orange Aluminium Elite Owners..... Poss Project On The Cards

abr303

Retro Guru
Hi, I'm looking for some inspiration from other peoples builds as I've a frame on route.... after wanting to do another build I had some good success with a '91 Zaskar a few years back and fancied going down the 'fruity' polished route this time with an Aluminium Elite frame. I'm waiting to receive it and have been told its crack free and no dings but will need polishing/tidying....

Going to need a lot of parts so if anyone can help or advise, please give me a shout. A few pics of my Zaskar though sadly I'm embarrassed to admit I've never ridden it since restoration 3 years back.... :roll:

Before
CCZXMgj.jpg

After
u46bWNT.jpg

kN7W0Fs.jpg

lqCJ3jR.jpg

Cheers :D

Re:

Nice. :cool:

Elite's polish up well and Gil has the decals on file. I always thought blue parts look well against the orange and aluminium. Why not do a Suntour build?

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":3gd947f1 said:
Nice. :cool:

Elite's polish up well and Gil has the decals on file. I always thought blue parts look well against the orange and aluminium. Why not do a Suntour build?

Yes have been looking at Suntour as an option and have a set of Pace RC35's I'm rebuilding/restoring. I've also been in touch will Gil :) funny you mention the blue parts as I had a gold theme going on the Zaskar and blue had crossed my mind on the Orange ....

Re:

Nice build! I was going to build an Elite but the chap who was going to dip it to strip the lacquer, never came good. Turns out he wanted it for himself :LOL:

Just as an aside, seeing those two bikes in the same thread; when I was in Mike's Bikes Cambridge back in 1993, I had the choice of a Zaskar or the Aluminium Elite/O

They were parked side by side, both at around £1500.

I still have the Zaskar and met the Orange owner many years later when he was remarking on my bike.

:cool:

legrandefromage":35orsi2y said:
Just as an aside, seeing those two bikes in the same thread; when I was in Mike's Bikes Cambridge back in 1993, I had the choice of a Zaskar or the Aluminium Elite/O

They were parked side by side, both at around £1500.

I still have the Zaskar and met the Orange owner many years later when he was remarking on my bike.

:cool:

Must of been a tough decision deciding.. :facepalm:
Being a orange fan, I should like the Elite more, but always had a soft spot for the zaskar, and given the choice bitd, I would of probably opted for the Zaskar :cool:

Back