ON ONE Inbred, Single speed canal path cruiser project

enc

Kona Fan
I'd been looking for a project frame to build a single speed “canal path cruiser” this On One, inbred turned up for sale. I could see from the add it was rough

32iGekH.png

…. ideal for a project. On viewing the bike, it was rougher than it looked in the pictures. A short test ride….to the cash machine… (the owner was very trusting) negotiations on the price and the deal was done. I stopped off on the drive home and gave the bike a more thorough test ride, it was evident a full strip and rebuild was in order.

f81S41j.jpg

npbi6SC.jpg

12gGYrf.jpg

0hgr8oh.jpg

5OqvYtK.jpg

1pFkcuc.jpg

mVvQOCA.jpg

EMQeXW2.jpg

I Usually, take a frame back to bare metal before painting With this, I flatted the original paint, primed, base coated and clear coated. The paint finish straight from the can was very glossy.. regardless, I hung the frame in the loft for a few months before cutting back and polishing.

Other components were cleaned and painted as required. I picked up a XLC chain tensioner and will experiment with the original freewheel before deciding on what tooth rear single speed to have.
Id planned to use the Chris king headset on another project but will refit to this bike after the tange headset turned out to be a bit shit.

So, a solid bike for little money. Apart from the race face bottom bracket (which I had to buy the removal tool) an easy strip and rebuild with only new hydraulic brake hoses, paint and chain tensioner and pending single speed required.

Last edited:
Night and day difference, good job.
Out of interest what did you use to spray the frame and forks?

Reactions: enc
Night and day difference, good job.
Out of interest what did you use to spray the frame and forks?
Thanks mate. Been using this Autotek stuff, around £6 tin at my local auto factors...

Used satin black on bars, stem etc gloss black on frame and forks

ReYVFk8.jpg

Back