Old 89/90 Orange Clockwork finally rescued!-Finished

clockwork davo

98+ BoTM Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
So finally this year with all the Covid free time I finally got round to giving my old original first live Clockwork some TLC

This blurry shot is the only snap of the old girl in her former glory circa 92

Move forward many years of being abused, then forgotten she was dug out of her slumber in n 2007 when I first discovered this website, she was very tatty and so she was stripped prior to getting a fresh coat of paint, a disc tab was added :facepalm: then I found the the holes !!

So all stop again she was stored and I went off hunting other retro orange frames, over the years I’ve kept looking at thinking I must sort that, but never actually getting round to it, but this year there no excuse,

As she’s never gonna be a daily rider, she’ll be more of a garage queen the holes have been filled and smoothed over, disc tab chopped off and as I’ve already got Orange fade bikes, she was given a fresh coat of satin black and I had some “prestige” style decals made up by Gil not period correct but I love them ;)

Originally I had some mk2 RC30’s of her but recently I’ve picked up some mk1’s. She not fully finished but did a bit this morning, she’s built up with Deore II - MT-62 bits as I had them knocking about, Mavic m7cd rims on DX hubs XT post with turbo saddle, a hens teeth Stalk one piece bar/stem

Hope you all approve :LOL:

Re:

love the combo stem ........ its so ,... LONG!

very turn of the 80's

also best use of a modern bottom bracket I have ever seen.

Re:

That looks great... I like the black with orange decals.. reminds me of my C16R.
Nice resurrection....

Re:

Nice work Davo.

Great work on this one. I am biased towards black Oranges with Custom stalks though! Do all your oranges have RC30's? - must admit, they look great - the all black ones even more so! You must have a good percentage of all those made! :LOL:

The only thing I'd change is the seatube decal. Looks like it's on the wrong way round? - everything else is spot -on. :cool:

boy"O"boy

Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":2lhnhlmf said:
Nice work Davo.

Great work on this one. I am biased towards black Oranges with Custom stalks though! Do all your oranges have RC30's? - must admit, they look great - the all black ones even more so! You must have a good percentage of all those made! :LOL:

The only thing I'd change is the seatube decal. Looks like it's on the wrong way round? - everything else is spot -on. :cool:

boy"O"boy
I noticed the decal yesterday and was devastated when I realised wrong way :facepalm: and yes all my bikes roll on 30’s :LOL: :roll:

Re: Old 89/90 Orange Clockwork finally rescued!

Nice one!
But where did the holes come from?

Back