Nippon's Vitus or ALAN - Nakagawa DURA ALL

gridno27

rBotM Winner
Hi

this silver anodized frame set out of Aluminium has found the way to me and my small collection ...

I didn't know anything about these this before - it's another Japanese lugged Aluminium version of a Vitus or an ALAN (the other I know has been the Sakae Litage)

With reference to my actual research it is a Nakagawa Dura All ... Or a Dura All by Nakagawa who knows ? -I don't know anything about it

I found nearly nothing within the www. So Nakagawa was a bicycle manufacturer from Japan, who has been building high- end taylormade frameworks since the beginning of 1983, but normally out of steel

Mr. Nakagawa the Master himself is said to have been a more than talented cyclist at the end of the 60s, who had to give up his career through an accident and, after completing his engineering studies in Italy, learned to build a frame with Ugo DeRosa ...

The Dura ALL frame set was referred here in Europe with reference to a Japanese manufacturer but without specifying which one was. Nor have I figured out what time this frame set comes from.
My guess here goes mid to late 80s-a more precise dating would be better for a contemporary setup but

So who knows this framework and has any information about it

... here see the first pics of it - especially this special headtube for a bonded frame set. It looks like a steelmade one

Many thanks in advance for your info

BR Thomas

Attachments

• IMG_1339_3ßpct.jpg
    IMG_1339_3ßpct.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_1340_30pct.jpg
    IMG_1340_30pct.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 561
  • Nakagawa_Headbadge.jpg
    Nakagawa_Headbadge.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 561
I know nothing about it, but it looks nice. Are those mudguard eyes on the rear dropouts?

Classy :) head tube doesn't seem to have the surface area for bonding. I wonder if it's 'welded' with the lugs for effect. There was a French frame maker from years ago who joined aluminium tubes beginning with an "S" do perhaps not impossible?

@Midlife - you think it's not one piece steering tube like Vitus did - it should consist of 2 lugs and an extra head tube like ALAN did
here further details of this frame set

Attachments

• Nakagawa_rear.jpg
    Nakagawa_rear.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 468
  • nakagawa_no..jpg
    nakagawa_no..jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 469
  • Nakagawa_BB shell.jpg
    Nakagawa_BB shell.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 469
  • Nakagawa_brake bridge.jpg