Nice 1" Quill Stem

Retro Guru
Good afternoon, I'm looking for a nice 1" quill stem in black with a bit of rise and no longer than 130mm in length.

No cable hanger/ roller is required as I'll be running a suspension fork.

Something interesting either steel or slim aluminium would be preferred, ideally Salsa, Grove Innovations, Interloc, American or similar.

Please let me know what you have.

Re:

Hello, I’ll have a syncros cattleprod from the early to mid 90s coming on an eBay bike some time next week. I’ll measure it up and get some pictures to you once it’s here if that’s of any interest. Silver and I don’t think too long. Looked decent in the photos.
Cheers
Chris

Re:

Thanks Chris, pictures would be great when you can, although I have a feeling that it might look a bit too chunky on my skinny steel frame.

Worth a look to get the build finished though! Cheers

I'm sure I've a Zoom Original polished alloy one in the garage somewhere. Not sure of exact length but I'll dig it out if its of interest.

Re:

Think this Bontrager is 1 inch. Not sure on length, but if it’s the sort of thing you are after then I’d be happy to dig it out and measure it.

Attachments

• D15F9040-CB8E-415E-B15D-748F030533A6.jpeg
    D15F9040-CB8E-415E-B15D-748F030533A6.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 299
Thanks both, the Zoom is probably not a good fit for this build, it's an 1990 Bontrager OR.

The Bontrager stem might work, despite being a bit too new, I could have it powder coated... Please could you let me know the length when you get time.

Many thanks!

1978":rv1oas5f said:
The Bontrager stem might work, despite being a bit too new, I could have it powder coated... Please could you let me know the length when you get time.
Many thanks!

OK it is 1” (22.2mm quill), bit of a rise, and measures 135mm from the middle of the stem bolt to middle of the bar clamp.
£25 posted if you fancy it.

Once A Hero":1sde4zcr said:
OK it is 1” (22.2mm quill), bit of a rise, and measures 135mm from the middle of the stem bolt to middle of the bar clamp.
£25 posted if you fancy it.

Thank you, but in the mean time I bought a slightly rustier version on eBay!

Attachments

• C01F01CC-7264-4484-BCFE-BCF7578DE1B3.jpeg
    C01F01CC-7264-4484-BCFE-BCF7578DE1B3.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 149
Back