NEC cycle show 2020

themountie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys as many of you know Me , Alan and Longbone did this yrs cycle show and we got offered 2 spaces and took the one in the main show on carpet ,
Taken 3 yrs of building trust to get a free spot in this show,

I spoke to the owners of upper street events this yr and they would like us back next yr,

I know Alan and Chris will be up for doing this again

We spoke to many legends of the sport , both stanforth brother the founders of Saracen , the legend Bob harrow to name a few

I am putting this out there as need to gauge interest guys as I am sorry if you come to me on the thurs before the show wanting a space it cannot be done ,

To give u a idea of the expense if we paid to be at the show our last space was valued at 7k for the thur fri sat sun and we go it offered for free

The reason is everything has to be in the show on the wed before, nothing is allowed in or out until the Sun night , I also have to arrange exb passes for people, insurance , stand decoration etc and organise people on the wed set up day .

So here go's you will get free entry to the show right from set up day till the show close on sunday, a chance to display your bike or bikes at one of the largest cycle shows in the uk Free of charge , the only thing you will have to pay for is the parking thur to sunday ,

Get to meet legends of the sport and chat all day to the admiring public about your bike ,

Get to wonder around the show with no people there and grab a bargain and loads of free stuff or as Chris a Trek y22 carbon, stickers a NOS amber wall and cycle stands at a really good price

Guys showing interest are :

mk one
TOMAS
Spudly
@dalbyinthe90s
SpecializedSworks15
al-onestare

Yep, would be up for it next year, dont know dates though and would now for sure nearer the time.

Mark

Steve, keen to have one or 2 of mine at the show mate, happy for you to display them for all the time of the show, I just couldn't commit to me being there EVERY day in person, especially with the expected work load increase for me next year. I've never done the Thursday trade-day, so perhaps could visit then or the Sunday? Could drop off Weds night and collect back Sunday and just need a 1-day pass please? Drop me a message if I can be of assistance. I can also help transport bikes if required, I could get a total of 5-6 bikes transported for you :)

Re:

what happens to them over night ... do you have somewhere safe to store them

I know the whole floor is packed with mega buck modern tat but all of that can be replaced easily

Is there any particular criteria for a bike’s inclusion? (other than pre-'9:cool: :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

I'm very tempted by this, if there is room on the stand for a little specialized!

Re: Re:

Peachy!":2qfains0 said:
Is there any particular criteria for a bike’s inclusion? (other than pre-'9:cool: :xmas-big-grin:

Max Headroom":2qfains0 said:
what happens to them over night ... do you have somewhere safe to store them I know the whole floor is packed with mega buck modern tat but all of that can be replaced easily

Hi, this sounds great and I'll have 2, possibly 3 bikes restored by then.

I have the same questions as peachy and max h.

The other thing is what time on weds do the bikes have to be there? I only live an hour from the nec but I'll be at work each day apart from the Sunday.

If I can help in any way please let me know.

Rich.

Latest posts

Back