Nearly there....

al-onestare

Kona Fan
Okay, a bit of an update: I'm back in Malvern again visiting my sister and brother in law.

I have had a couple of Zoom Meetings with my Palliative Care Consultant, including one here on Wednesday. After "cross examining" me, she has decided to retain the current medication, as she appears to be happy with the balance between discomfort management, and not too stoned to cope with day to day activities 🥴.

I did a tiny bit of work on my brother in law's bike, but had to do it sitting down on a stool. On Wednesday we attempted a walk along the top of the Hills down near the Herefordshire Beacon end, but I couldn't last long in the very sunny, but cold weather.

The next day my sister suggested that we use the Countryside Mobility Access. There is a Cafe near the Wyche Cutting, where you can join up and hire a Tramper Mobility Scooter. Any road up - I signed up, paid up, and off we went with me in the Scooter, and my sister and bro in law walking alongside. The Scooter was a little more robust than other Mobility Scooters that I have seen, with proper big 14" ATB wheels on the back.

We got to the top of the Worcestershire Beacon up the shallow tarmac path, with a fantastic view if a little misty. The Wyche Cutting starts about 2/3 of the way up the Hills, so overall not quite the epic challenge of cycling to the top from Malvern Town centre, but I did feel a bit disheveled by the end of the day.

On the way up:

View attachment 595515

Nearly there:

View attachment 595516

In between all that, I did a bit of a set up on my old Epiphone 335 that I gave my Nephew. The Frets needed to be flattened off and some high ones files down a bit and re-crowning. I then went through the grades of Wet 'n' Dry down to 15,000 - yes 15,000, not 1,500! and finally the guitar Luthier's version of Solvo Autosol. New set of strings and voilà, we now sound like all those Indie Guitarist, and not at all Full Metal Jacket!

View attachment 595517

Kick it!:

View attachment 595518

Pip
They see me rolling... 🥰👌

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Never got as far as fret dressing. Setting up and wiring has been my limit. If you have the inclination a guide would be great.

Good to see you getting out. What a fantastic scheme. There should be more like it.

Pipmeister

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
If you have the inclination a guide would be great.

THM: I watched plenty of videos on Youtube, regarding setting up a guitar to get some difference of opinion. You'll soon have some suggestions on leveling the frets posted on the right hand side of your YouTube page. There are a few characters who you will get to know, so pick who you think is talking some sense - this guy is a bit odd, but he does have a collection of videos to choose from.

The main "special" tools that I bought were a Guitar Neck Notched Straight Edge Luthiers Tool, a Luthier’s Trapezium Fret Rocker and Fingerboard Guards.

You can get the lot for £22:

The other bits and pieces were the ultra low tack masking tape:

And the Wet 'n' Dry paper:

Just give it go Jason - what could possibly go wrong 😉.

Pip

Last edited:

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
THM: I watched plenty of videos on Youtube, regarding setting up a guitar to get some difference of opinion. You'll soon have some suggestions on leveling the frets posted on the right hand side of your YouTube page. There are a few characters who you will get to know, so pick who you think is talking some sense - this guy is a bit odd, but he does have a collection of videos to choose from.

The main "special" tools that I bought were a Guitar Neck Notched Straight Edge Luthiers Tool, a Luthier’s Trapezium Fret Rocker and Fingerboard Guards.

You can get the lot for £22:

The other bits and pieces were the ultra low tack masking tape:

And the Wet 'n' Dry paper:

Just give it go Jason - what could possibly go wrong 😉.

Pip

Thanks. A perfect winter project. Don’t go anywhere there may be questions. 😎