Mystery and unidentified parts thread

Leooo

Retro Newbie
Can you help me to identify the frame? What is the brand? No stickers on it :/ I think its early 90'.. Thx!IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

joglo

Devout Dirtbag
Can you help me to identify the frame? What is the brand? No stickers on it :/ I think its early 90'.. Thx!View attachment 573635

View attachment 573636
Longus Comp 2000 or Comp pro
like that one

Have you checked already are the brake sockets at the seat stays for an U-Brake?

Last edited:

incorrigible

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Can you help me to identify the frame? What is the brand? No stickers on it :/ I think its early 90'.. Thx!

It's hard to tell for sure from just looking at the pics (as opposed to handling the frame first-hand), but with that much rust on and near the bottom bracket, would it not make sense to strip/sandblast and repaint or powdercoat before rebuilding it? I realize it's a beautiful paint job and thus would be difficult to reproduce, but at some point doesn't it become a choice between style and safety?

I don't want to derail this thread, though, so perhaps that's a topic for another thread, i.e., "When is a good time to strip and re-coat?". Does anybody know of any agreed-upon safety benchmarks or tests that might dictate when that time, or rather, what that condition is? I've seen pics of frames here on RB that members have rescued in which rust had eaten holes in the BB. Obviously, you'd want to remedy the situation before it got that far.

Just wondering, thanks.

joglo

Devout Dirtbag
I think its canti
hi, hard to say from a picture without wheels or rims.
The u-brake is also a center pull brake and needs the holder, just the socket positions are different.
For u-brake they are on top of the rim, vs. for a regular cantilever brake they are below the rim. So there is a few centimeters difference.

Leooo

Retro Newbie
It's hard to tell for sure from just looking at the pics (as opposed to handling the frame first-hand), but with that much rust on and near the bottom bracket, would it not make sense to strip/sandblast and repaint or powdercoat before rebuilding it? I realize it's a beautiful paint job and thus would be difficult to reproduce, but at some point doesn't it become a choice between style and safety?

I don't want to derail this thread, though, so perhaps that's a topic for another thread, i.e., "When is a good time to strip and re-coat?". Does anybody know of any agreed-upon safety benchmarks or tests that might dictate when that time, or rather, what that condition is? I've seen pics of frames here on RB that members have rescued in which rust had eaten holes in the BB. Obviously, you'd want to remedy the situation before it got that far.

Just wondering, thanks.
I was just curious, who was it in his previous life, but i haven’t decided yet what will happen with it.

ceo

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
got this frame made by carbon and alloy. thought it was a cadex, but after checking several calatogs, the details don't really seem to match. seattube 48cm, toptube 56cm, weigth 1620g. what have i got here? who can help to identify? thx

carbonrahmen1.jpgcarbonrahmen2.jpgcarbonrahmen3.jpgcarbonrahmen4.jpgcarbonrahmen5.jpgcarbonrahmen6.jpgcarbonrahmen7.jpgcarbonrahmen8.jpgcarbonrahmen9.jpgcarbonrahmen10.jpg

le corbeau

Retro Guru
Hi everybody. I want to sell a nice pair of 26 wheelset with Mavic X22 rims.
Unfortunataly I don´t know which hubs are laced on it.
Any ideas ? (8spd, I guess form the 90´s).
Thanks for your precious help.

Attachments

• IMG_20211014_153926.jpg
    IMG_20211014_153926.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 16