My unicorn - 1994 Kona Hei Hei - FULL SPEC/FINISHED PICS ON PAGE 8 & 9 - BOTY 2021, BOTM April 2021 & 2nd MucOff Show & Shine Malverns Classic 2021

Great to seeing this getting a lot of attention outside the site. The prod to get this on The Cog as a dream build is spot on. Let me know if you need a direct contact at Kona to speak with.
Cheers mate šŸ‘ Yes itā€™s gone a little crazy on social media with over 1,000 likesā€¦wasn't really expecting that at all.

That would be amazing if you could šŸ‘šŸ‘

Finally got round to reading this amazing thread in full and after the BOTM win, to which I shout a massive ā€œcongratulations!ā€ and a bloody well done. I was really happy to have helped in very small ways along the course of the build. (Canā€™t remember what I did though tbh so your thanks were really not required šŸ¤£ yet appreciated nonetheless!)

I have one small suggestion to top it off coming to your inbox / letterbox soon šŸ˜˜

Finally got round to reading this amazing thread in full and after the BOTM win, to which I shout a massive ā€œcongratulations!ā€ and a bloody well done. I was really happy to have helped in very small ways along the course of the build. (Canā€™t remember what I did though tbh so your thanks were really not required šŸ¤£ yet appreciated nonetheless!)

I have one small suggestion to top it off coming to your inbox / letterbox soon šŸ˜˜

Cheers mate, itā€™s really appreciated šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

And cheers for the suggestion šŸ‘ŒšŸ‘

What a build. Amazing. Hats off for having the patience and perseverance to source the parts...a lot of us would have just stuck other stuff on!

Snowflake wheel lacing divides opinion...I've never been keen on it but a minor thing.

Time to dig my '93 Hei Hei out although its going to get battered/well used XT so not nearly as fancy!

Was pretty taken aback that my 1994 Kona Hei Hei came 2nd in the 2021 GT Malverns Classic Muc-Off Retro Show & Shine competition missing the win by only one vote to John Tomacā€™s actual Raleigh Titanium/Carbon race bike. My 2nd place was made even more special considering the calibre of the other bikes entered.

Was also honoured to have my retro bikes on display on the amazing @Tim-Bike-Ninja stand.

36B5FA1F-CEEB-42E4-B7FC-CB9FE3605A62.jpeg

71AD38F6-0220-442A-B2F3-2767D7FCAAFC.jpeg

F5B3EB30-931C-4452-9363-908F0933180A.jpeg

7C87FF02-6BBB-4835-B850-A1AEB9D0B725.jpeg

3ED1E1BB-1FAD-46FB-A844-823163870452.jpeg

Last edited:
Your attention to detail is almost as incredible as your workshop. šŸ‘Œ
Cheers mate, it's much appreciated šŸ‘

The current workshop is nice, however I could have a new workshop in the pipeline as planning permission has just been submitted for the new house so watch this space ;)

Back