Muddy fox seeker mega 1991

mark-bcn

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I have found this bike close to a trash and saved it. I would like to renovate but I don't know if it is worth it. From the catalogue available in the forum, it is precised it is Cro-Mo "Mega" tube steel, but it is very difficult to read it clearly and know more about the "mega" tubes, and I don't know if they are Tange tubes and if it is double butted (sounds me it is not DB, as the frame seems quite heavy). Has someone access to a better copy of this page, to get such information?

There is a lot of work to do to the bike, many marks and rust in the frame especially, and many parts need to be replaced. I can use some pieces I have in stock, a bit more recent that the current ones.

I have seen such models, in quite good conditions, cost around 100 euros, which would be a reasonable budget limit for its renovation; however, I am wondering painting it (including new decals) but this would overpass the budget limitation.

Do you think the bike/frame quality justify such a renovation? is it better to paint it? or better just change components and let it the frame as is?

thanks a lot!

M.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 46
  • potence.jpg
    potence.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 37
  • shifter.jpg
    shifter.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 38
  • seeker-mega-page.jpg
    seeker-mega-page.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
These early 90s Muddy Foxes are great and the 500LX kit is nice too. Why not dismantle and clean/oil/grease it up, replacing parts with ones you have (or can get cheap, inc cables and tubes if needed) and then see how it rides. Then if you love it, think about paint. The catalogue scan in the archive isn't that clear either but might be useful: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/103058-2/MudFox1991.pdf. [EDIT: I think I've just linked to the same page you've already got - oops!]

Last edited:
Back