MKM Tourer / Racer - Campagnolo / Cinelli / Mavic

Thrasher

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I have my MKM up for sale - due to getting hold of a slightly newer racer.
My intension was to do more touring but it replaced my commuting bike as its so good to ride!

With a serial number of 4699 Its a 1978, probably built by Steve Elsworth without a jig but with his bare hands. In Yorkshire. Campag dropouts front and back and braze on's all over the place! Paint is in pretty good condition. Few hubs and marks here and there.. No dings / cracks / dents. Structurally very good.Not alot of details about MKM online History here: http://www.mkm-cycles.co.uk/history.html

But having speaking to a few people who know their Argos's from their Brian Rouke's - MKM is / was up there with the Mercian's / Bob Jacksons of the world. I second this opinion.

Spec:

Size - 56.5 cm Seat tube (22.5") x 56.5cm top tube - Measurments are Centre to Centre.
Threading BB: English
Angles: Relaxed.
Paint/Decals: Paint not original but a very good job. Decals bought/applied recently. Note: MKM decal on the seat tube has been removed.

Components:

Wheels: Campagnolo record high flange hubs laced to Mavic Module three rims w/ 2 xSets of tyres 1) Yellow walled Schwalbe Cruisers - Under 100 miles 2) Armanillo nimbus by Specialized - Under 500 miles
The freewheel has worn out but i have a very nice NOS Shimano 5 speed one yet to go on. I will pop it on right now.

Fantastic wheels. Best components available at the time for this type of bike.

Bars: Cinelli Giro d'italia 64 - 70's version
Stem: Cinelli - unbranded
Headset: Shimano RX
Brakes: Mafac Center pull
Brake Levers: Shimano STX
Gear Levers: Campagnolo Super Record
BB: TA
Crankset: TA Specialities w/43 /Twenty something granny cog. Small. This might be good for you depending on how old your knees are. Best touring cranks ever made. Maybe?
Front Mech: Campagnolo Record
Rear Mech: Suntour Cyclone.
Pedals: Campagnolo c-record with original and brooks straps- missing caps - Also I have Cheap standard pedals and some Look Keo clip in pedals I can throw in
Saddle: Iscaselle
Seatpost: Shimano AX - 26.8mm

Comes with: Bottle cage, Pannier rack made by Blackburn which is awesome. Mudguards, which have a extra little flap made of rubber on the front.

Great components, great frame made by legendary frame builder. Great ride. Happy cyclist.

Based in SE London

£285 + postage

No Dibs. No I am not splitting. No Time-wasting. First with the cash / paypal gets it.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 1,435
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 1,435
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,435
  • DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,435
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,435
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,435
  • DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,435
  • DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,435
Gorgeous and an absolute bargain. MKM's are amazing and that's a terrific build. Good luck with the sale!

(ps wish you were splitting would be all over those wheels and components :) )

Unsold!

Back on sale and huge drop to £130 inclusive of shipping to the UK.

I tried to get the freewheel off and failed - took it to the local bike shop and aparently it is seized to the hub.
More bad news being the headset needs replacing due to poor previous install.

So selling as a non-ridable bike. But with a bit of love and grease in the right hands it can be restored to former glory.
Please someone with me tools / time / knowledge take this off me and put it back on the road where it belongs!

Cheers

Oli

Back