Missing Stem Top Caps

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Not the bolt through ones, so maybe more accurately bungs .......... WHY?

What happens to them? Do people remove them when fettling and forget to refit them? Or lose them in the garage? Or deliberately leave them off to save weight? Or so they spontaneously self-eject on the trail?

I haven't lost one myself, but I'm frustrated with getting stems with them missing.

I'm not sure, I have seen a few get knocked out when riding and then lost. That was back when things were new.
Knees, side sitting on them etc.

They can go hard a bit and that makes it easier.

But as for not putting it back in after taking it off, no idea. Is probably do that, put the bung somewhere and forget about it.

Any particular style of bung?
Zoom's angled ones?

That makes sense, I've had bar end plugs that have got harder and therefore looser with time.

Do you have any Zoom angled ones? I'm missing one on my Sameness-made Sbike stem ... not sure whether a Zoom one would fit as a replacement.

[pre-powdercoating photo]

original-stem-jpg.558787

That makes sense, I've had bar end plugs that have got harder and therefore looser with time.

Do you have any Zoom angled ones? I'm missing one on my Sameness-made Sbike stem ... not sure whether a Zoom one would fit as a replacement.

[pre-powdercoating photo]

original-stem-jpg.558787
Looking your that stem, and my zoom one, I think a clubroom bung may fit better as the zoom appears to me a steeper angle

Back