Middleburn bb length?

Yogi bear

Retro Guru
Having bit of a brain fart atm.
What is the correct length of bottom bracket for the Rs7?
I’ve always used 103mm for the rs3s. Did they change the required bb length on the later models?
I’ve tried a 103, but everything is just too close to the chainstays and bb shell.
Tia

You would probably be able to get away with a 107mm for a RS7 or RS8 too.

You read that correct. It will depend a bit on your crank batch; earlier ones fit very close, later ones
with a reasonable margin for a 68mm shell.

If you want a 50mm chain-line, go straight for the 113mm, especially if you are putting it on a frame with a 73mm shell.

Thanks. 113 it is.
I tried RS7 103mm bb with a 46 tooth outer chainring on the bike and the chainring touched the elevated stays. Was so confident that I had the correct bb length that I then tried the RS7 with smaller chainrings. Still not much better, maybe even worse
The 103mm is the perfect size on my Pace (unless I want to run a 28 tooth granny ring).

So if anybody has a 113mm 68mm shell Royce going spare...?

Re:

I do actually have a 113mm royce. Do I want to sell it though, I'm not sure......

Re: Re:

ishaw":132yfuxa said:
I do actually have a 113mm royce. Do I want to sell it though, I'm not sure......

I might not be able to offer you enough money to tempt you to sell it. The last 2 that I bought were nice condition for about £50 each.

Hopefully you still have a few bits aside for me too.

Back