Mercian 1984

Jim71

Retro Newbie
Here is my 1984 Mercian Audax, built for me buy Mercian way back in the day, it has been my daily ride to and from work for many a year, but due to a bad knee I am no longer able to ride daily, so I made the decision to rebuild it with period parts. Mainly Campagnolo Victory (released in 1984) with GS pedals, Tipo hubs with Wolber rims. The only more modern addition is aero levers (90's) as I cannot get on with cables out the top of the levers :). So what do you all think of the old girl?

Attachments

• IMG_2477.jpg
    IMG_2477.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 40
Yes they are a great ride, I have owned a few in my time, from Olympics to Pro lugless. got hooked after working next door to the factory in Derby, they are built buy real craftsmen, a dream to watch.

Here is my 1984 Mercian Audax, built for me buy Mercian way back in the day, it has been my daily ride to and from work for many a year, but due to a bad knee I am no longer able to ride daily, so I made the decision to rebuild it with period parts. Mainly Campagnolo Victory (released in 1984) with GS pedals, Tipo hubs with Wolber rims. The only more modern addition is aero levers (90's) as I cannot get on with cables out the top of the levers :). So what do you all think of the old girl?
Hope you don't mind me asking but what is the cause of the bad knee? Can it be rectified?

I have badly split my my meniscus, non operable without major job, so it’s damage limitation until it has to be done.

Back