Mavic 841 rear mech NOS

tangent

Senior Retro Guru
“Flickin. Blip!” as Mint Sauce might say...

I actually have one of these in my collection ( minus jockey wheels which I upgraded to Control Tech green ano.) back in the day!
 

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
tangent":1or9ig36 said:
“Flickin. Blip!” as Mint Sauce might say...

I actually have one of these in my collection ( minus jockey wheels which I upgraded to Control Tech green ano.) back in the day!
You have? Any pics?? I've been on the look out for one of these but no chance
I do like these - but no way on earth I'll spend so much on a rear mech!
 

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Re:

Ha!I karma`d one of those things to someone on here 2 years ago.It was just missing the inner cage.I had it on my downhill bike for 2 years back in the mid 90s.Worked beautifully with XT thumbies.
 

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":3mfhytdj said:
Ha!I karma`d one of those things to someone on here 2 years ago.It was just missing the inner cage.I had it on my downhill bike for 2 years back in the mid 90s.Worked beautifully with XT thumbies.
eh?? Karma'd!!?
Damn I missed out! :LOL: :LOL:
If any one wants relieving of one, want it for a Look Mi90 build I'm dreaming up.
 

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Re:

Went to a guy doing a Mavic build,the entire mech was rebuildable,everything was replaceable,it would either unscrew or was held on with micro circlips,fabulous.
 

mdvineng

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have a nos 840, very little used 841 and a mounted but unused 845, also the triple front mech nos. Some nos jockey wheels. There are a few 850 things in the drawer too!
 

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
mdvineng":31wup8qz said:
I have a nos 840, very little used 841 and a mounted but unused 845, also the triple front mech nos. Some nos jockey wheels. There are a few 850 things in the drawer too!
That’s a nice collection there!
I’ve sent you a PM!
 

Gtpulse

Retro Guru
Re:

Many moons ago and before I was educated about Mavic on this very site I sold oe of these for £15 on ebay. I got it in a box of bits and couldn’t find any similar sold items on eBay to price it against - no wonder - it sold in about 2 minutes and I had to spend some time googling to find out there was a good reason I couldn’t find another on eBay at the time!
 

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Re: Re:

Gtpulse":2w3pr6up said:
Many moons ago and before I was educated about Mavic on this very site I sold oe of these for £15 on ebay. I got it in a box of bits and couldn’t find any similar sold items on eBay to price it against - no wonder - it sold in about 2 minutes and I had to spend some time googling to find out there was a good reason I couldn’t find another on eBay at the time!
:LOL: :shock: I can only imagine.
I’ve never seen one on a mountain bike before (840/841) - only the odd road bike picture! You won’t be making that mistake again!! Haha!!
 
Top