Marin Team Titanium 1990 - updated June 2021

nporternz

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
So I know a few of us were watching this on Ebay but pulled out due to questions not being answered propoerly and poor comms from the seller - but I took a chance and it arrived yesterday (poorly packed but mostly in one piece)

It wasnt easy to tell what year it was from the photos online but confirmed a 1inch headset when arrived and then a subsequent email to litespeed confirmed it was made in June 1990

Mostly original and mostly in saveable condition - it has seemed to have made its way over from the US and the stickers had a Carolina relephone number

Forks are a conundrum - look like P2 forks with spinner dropouts but have factory Marin decals on them. I have some ritchey forks that were used on the higher end Marins of that year so will pop those on

Anyway - here are the online photos and ill take more once its fully stripped down and cleaned up

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 1,997
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 1,988
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 1,965
  • s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 1,993
Re: Re:

2manyoranges":p01yuz1v said:
...expect a huge outpouring of 'I wish I had pressed the button..'; '...you lucky b...'; etc

...and of course interest in how you approach the build...

reference

https://www.oldschoolracing.ch/mountain ... -titanium/

Yeah - I was worried for a bit as comms werent great and then more so when he said he couldnt see a serial number!

its massive numbers on the dropout!!

Trying to go catalogue on this one with some nice bits - saving as much as I can as it appears original

Re: Marin Team Titanium 1990

Back in the day when you calculated your stem length as "suspension fork travel x 4"

Very nice! Glad it turned out to be the real thing.

I had a brief flirt with bidding but got hold of a Team Ti frame elsewhere in the mean time.

This one is very shiny, thought there was a risk of it being a nickel-coated steel Team Issue with a ‘titanium’ sticker added at some point...

very nice. Will look excellent once cleaned up. Tried to buy one of those frames BITD. So bought a Trimble instead

ectoplasmosis":1nivx3x6 said:
Very nice! Glad it turned out to be the real thing.

I had a brief flirt with bidding but got hold of a Team Ti frame elsewhere in the mean time.

This one is very shiny, thought there was a risk of it being a nickel-coated steel Team Issue with a ‘titanium’ sticker added at some point...

dropouts, seat stays and seat collar gave it away

Back