Marin Palisades Trail 1993

MahatmaAndhi

Retro Newbie
I just increased my collection by 100% to a grand sum of two bikes!

My Marin Pine Mountain (1995) unfortunately went kaput when I was on my way to work. I was 15 miles in to a 20 mile commute (not something I do on a pushbike every day) and the rear gear shifter housing cracked, leaving me with three gears and lots of hills to climb.

While I wait for the parts to arrive to fix that, I went hunting for a second bike and this one came up.
It's a 1993 Marin Palisades Trail. The front gears don't change, and the seat post is stuck, but I am hoping to fix both shortly. The seat is at a good height anyway.
It's not in a particularly bad state. And I am itching to go out and ride it.

Oh, and I got it for the princely sum of £15. What could go wrong?

HHPiH4F.jpg

Re:

Had 3 palisades trails myself. 2 1991 and a 1993. My 1993 I picked up from a friend up the road for £15. Came fitted with a set of Manitou forks and a few other bits.

Attachments

• palisades.jpg
    palisades.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,168
Re:

My first Marin was a '93 Palisades that i bought new and still gets ridden daily at work. :D

Attachments

• rsz_11img-20170804-wa0005.jpg
    rsz_11img-20170804-wa0005.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 1,137
Re:

Oh, wow. You're in Oundle? I work there at Nene Valley estate. Maybe you'll see my Marin there if I go for another commute to work.

I actually picked my Pine Mountain up for a chap in Warmington too. Seems like a good spot for retro Marins.
Here's my Pine Mountain after I finished the commute with just three gears left.

nwR27pj.jpg

Back