Marin Bear Valley Frame 15.5" 1996/7 & Components - SOLD

pjoneill

Dirt Disciple
Hi, any one interested I have a Marin Bear Valley frame and/or components for sale, I'm guessing around '96-'97? Happy to be corrected on that one!

*UPDATE pretty sure the bottom bracket is seized, works fine but don't think it will out.
Frame measures 15.5inch to top of curved seat post. It's in ok condition for its age but there are a few scrapes to the back end which are pictured

Has original components, Marin Lite bars and stem, Marin grips Diatech headset, seat post (not stuck!) and seat (with a couple of holes - see pics) also have the Shimano STX derailleur with 28.6mm clamp. *UPDATE Derailleur now SOLD

*UPDATE £50 for all? Note: new to Marin stuff so don’t be offended if I’m way off.

CAN DELIVER WITHIN 50 miles of Manchester! For fuel costs.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_2640.JPG
    IMG_2640.JPG
    536.7 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_2909.JPG
    IMG_2909.JPG
    474 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_6385.JPG
    IMG_6385.JPG
    747.3 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_6660.JPG
    IMG_6660.JPG
    564.3 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_6790.JPG
    IMG_6790.JPG
    359.1 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_8313.JPG
    IMG_8313.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 644
  • IMG_9611.JPG
    IMG_9611.JPG
    512.8 KB · Views: 642
Re:

That's a 1996 model, I do believe. It will almost certainly be of interest to someone but forum rules say that you must give a fixed price in your listing. The thread is likely to be locked if you don't add that price.

Good luck with the sale.

Re: Marin Bear Valley Frame 15.5" 1996/7 & Components

Thank gawd it's small.....

Be nice to build it though....must resist....

Re: Re:

CassidyAce":1m1qnlfz said:
That's a 1996 model, I do believe. It will almost certainly be of interest to someone but forum rules say that you must give a fixed price in your listing. The thread is likely to be locked if you don't add that price.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the reminder! Apologies admins! Newb still but enjoying the forum.
Will update the info now :)

Corblimeyguv":1r3z88f5 said:
Thank gawd it's small.....

Be nice to build it though....must resist....

Hi mate, sorry I don’t have messaging privileges yet!

Happy for an offer tho.

Re:

To be honest i'd be looking around £40 plus postage, so £55 really.

You can always tell me to s*d off but it's a genuine offer at that.

Re: Re:

Corblimeyguv":nlwzsa5k said:
To be honest i'd be looking around £40 plus postage, so £55 really.

You can always tell me to s*d off but it's a genuine offer at that.

I mean the frame/forks are at least worth £15-20 I'd say, that would be leaving 8 other pieces of handle bars, headset, bottom bracket, stem, front mech, grips and seat post, bottle cage all at approx £3 each, I cant do that sorry. :(

Re:

BB is an unknown cos it may not suit the Chainset you put on it. 9 times out of 10 it needs a new one fitted. £20
Wheels : £40-50
Rear mech : £10-15
Chain : £10
Tyres and tubes : £25-30
Rapidfire shifters/Brake levers: £20-30 at least.
Canti's or V brakes : £10-20
All cables and outers..the list goes on.
There's a pukka 91 Palisades on here for £150, just jump on and ride.
I'm not preaching, just facts. Ebay prices are elevated due to greedy sellers and daft buyers paying over the odds for stuff. I've had Marins for 30 years and i've learned a lot from this site over the last few months. Knowledge i've gained over the years :
A: something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
B: Your first offer is usually your best.

On a final note, my last build was a 19 inch 1995 Bear Valley. It was very kindly offered to me for Karma as a project. It consisted of Frame, forks, headset and BB. It cost £30 to courier it to my address. By the time it was finished it cost £200 to complete. It looked superb once it was done but I bought the components I wanted to put on it, nothing flash, all second-hand, for the best price I could find..which was on here. It's future is secure with my brother, who fell in love with it once he'd seen it completed. He'd never owned a Marin but wanted this one.

Glwts.

I understand, eBay not always a great gauge, I'm obviously out with what I asked but I also don't think you'll find these parts being sold for as cheap as £3 each also, if you do then fair play to you. Yeah value and costs are subjective to the buyer, we buy what we can afford or are willing to spend, I guess.

Re:

You'll more-often-than-not make more money when you split a bike up, but you trade it off with maybe being stuck with parts for a long time until the right buyer comes along.
On the other hand, selling in a oner may not be as financially beneficial, but you're gaining in time and effort by shifting it with no hassle.
I build bikes with my heart usually, my head just lets me get on with it :LOL:

Latest posts

Back