Marin B-17

Bobbylad

Retro Newbie
Hi Newbie here, I recently purchased a Marin B-17 (1998/99 red and white), the bike is great, I'm completely new to this and at my more mature age finding it exciting, what have I been missing??
What I would like to do is convert it from v brakes to disc, but cannot find any adapters for the rear?
The fitments are on the rear suspension arm, but draw a blank finding an adjuster.
Can anyone out there help, advice on if anything else will fit or a off the shelf kit etc.
Also the front forks kit, as I said I'm new to this and don't know anything about parts, just love riding it!
Thanks
Bobbylad

Think you have to get one made im afraid, unless you find someone who wants to sell theirs. There are posts on here about the adapters, just use the search function, and talk of different swingarms also.

➡️ mark

Re:

Yep, been there. Adapter's are around but don't come available often. Most resort to making one. probably easier to just get a replacement swing arm or full frame that's already got the disc mount.

Cheers for reply, I've seen a nice picture of a works bike with adapter on the 'Action Jackson' website, if I remember I think that one is custom made.
I think I'll go down that route of getting one made?!
I take it the front forks are more standard?
As far as I'm aware they are the original forks on the bike.
Thanks again for reply and advice.

Re:

Forks should be standard but there are a few standards around that time so be careful, measure bolt centre to centre on the mounting before you buy anything

Back