Magura hs11 vs hs11 special

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've got a set of both, never fitted or used magura brakes despite owning various over time.

Want to change that. What is the real difference between the two brakes? As far as I can tell, tge levers are the only difference, so which is best out of the two? Are there ant other differences I'm not seeing?

Attachments

• PSX_20201130_005044.jpg
    PSX_20201130_005044.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 270
the smaller (newer ones) are far nicer in my opinion and look less intrusive/neater when mounted on the bar and as far as functionality goes I don't believe they (Magura) have improved upon the stopping power of the early Hydro-Stops and all are equal in that regard.

Re:

I thought the smaller ones were older, shows what I know. They are much nicer due to being less bulky.

The larger ones are early/mid 90s, the others are well into the 2000s

I doubt you'll notice much difference between them, but yes, master cylinder diameter and possibly travel were different between different models, but the differences in feel & power were minimal.

I've got the early HS11s on my Fire mountain and they'e excellent brakes.

My_Teenage_Self":3eb2f879 said:
I've got the early HS11s on my Fire mountain and they'e excellent brakes.

And them mumas are so darn big and red on such a skinny frame they look like they’ve been nicked off some form of fire fighting equipment :LOL:

Back