Magura Firmtech Queries

Bullpup

Senior Retro Guru
I have a set of Magura Quake forks with Firmtech mounts but unfortunately they have knackered stanchions.

Are replacement stanchions available anywhere please?

Alternatively, I see a number of later Magura forks e.g. Phaons have the Firmtech mounts but don’t have the pivot bush inserts. Are the inserts transferable from my existing forks? I see the Phaons etc seem to have dome head screws covering the brake post threads but are they the right size for Magura brake posts?

Many thanks

Mounts will be on the sliders, not the stanchions:

IMAG0441.jpg

The pivot bushings look to be transferable if you can get them out cleanly. They are just nylon top hats, retail for €1 each, Magura part no #0721179.
32724-00-c-52469.jpg
Brake post threads for the blanking screws are M6, same as the Magura fitting, so are interchangeable.
You can see on this diagram that the same part (#0720933) is used on both the FirmTech and standard canti mount versions:
32724-01-d-52470.jpg

All the best,

Mounts will be on the sliders, not the stanchions:

View attachment 573165

The pivot bushings look to be transferable if you can get them out cleanly. They are just nylon top hats, retail for €1 each, Magura part no #0721179.
View attachment 573170
Brake post threads for the blanking screws are M6, same as the Magura fitting, so are interchangeable.
You can see on this diagram that the same part (#0720933) is used on both the FirmTech and standard canti mount versions:
View attachment 573171

All the best,
I’m afraid to say I think I missed your reply and certainly never thanked you - I apologise. Your post explains exactly what I need thank you

Back