Look Mi90 “Quadrex” - VTT tout Français

ibbz":3krhnbm5 said:
I wanted some thoughts

busy collecting parts before I make a start and so far.

I'm stuck on the Stem - A French made stem would be ideal - but any available are 1" whereas this is 1. 1/8"
Even a Look Ergostem is out of the question as that's 1" for the quill.

So if all fails I was thinking I should go for a Syncros Cattleprod - the reason being that it's made in Canada - like the Look Mi90 frame is.
Does anyone know of any other alternatives? French Canadian or just canadian? Even unbranded fillet brazed 1 1/8" stem.

thanks

I have a Syncros on mine. Kind of happy with how it looks and as you say, there's a Canadian connection.

WimVDD":220qd81v said:
ibbz":220qd81v said:
I wanted some thoughts

busy collecting parts before I make a start and so far.

I'm stuck on the Stem - A French made stem would be ideal - but any available are 1" whereas this is 1. 1/8"
Even a Look Ergostem is out of the question as that's 1" for the quill.

So if all fails I was thinking I should go for a Syncros Cattleprod - the reason being that it's made in Canada - like the Look Mi90 frame is.
Does anyone know of any other alternatives? French Canadian or just canadian? Even unbranded fillet brazed 1 1/8" stem.

thanks

I have a Syncros on mine. Kind of happy with how it looks and as you say, there's a Canadian connection.
Nice one - that is a good idea - which I’ll do while sourcing a French one
But the way, what’s the Seatpost diameter for it please? I’ve been offered a Mavic Dakar for €100 inc shipping from France and wanted to know

WimVDD":3hsik4gm said:
I'll check diameter. I use a shim so I could use an XT seatpost I had in the spares box.
Thanks
eBay seller who has loads on sale sent watchers an offer
And the Seatposts are NOS

WimVDD":d1mhm7co said:
Yes, but most shims are for seatposts 25, 27.0 or 27.2. Don't know about other shim sizes.
I’ll be getting the 25.8 and to use a shim - I have some shims so should be ok.

Something else...

There's been a lot of talking here, the last couple of pages but any pics to show yet of the bike?? Can't wait... :D

Back