Look Mi90 “Quadrex” - VTT tout Français

WimVDD":3en3o775 said:
Something else...

There's been a lot of talking here, the last couple of pages but any pics to show yet of the bike?? Can't wait... :D
Soon :cool: :cool: :LOL:
Have to wait for a few parts - and once I’ve had time to clean, cut, wax and headset on - then I’ll upload some - and of the parts once I’ve at least some together.

I’m also going to ask Gil for a bespoke small decal I want to add to the frame :cool:

This is a difficult project for me as parts are I) rare II) expensive and III) choosing them is taking too long

- I’ve decided to source a Syncros stem as I’ve at this point failed to find any French made one
- Roly is currently sick so haven’t made a deal on the Mavic Dakar wheels as yet
- Seatpost yet to arrive from France
- And awaiting the chainset
- Front mech - I’ll have to wait a few weeks until I can afford that - it’ll be the Mavic triple which is (I hope) reserved for me
- Haven’t chosen any brakes and levers nor shifters
- haven’t decided on bars - but Star Bar is an option
- Looking for Look MTB pedals

So far all I have is the:
Look frame forks
Mavic headset
Mavic rear mech
Mavic bottom bracket

ibbz":3axxr3ib said:
So far all I have is the:

Look frame forks
Mavic headset
Mavic rear mech
Mavic bottom bracket

You're right, that's not a bike yet. :mrgreen:

I'm keeping it simple on mine: follow the catalog where possible and put on era correct parts as an alternative.

Right some uodates
And then some bad news
After a good job with WD40 and rust treatment, followed by a T-Cut and wax the frame is looking good
Have some parts being collected now - with some Mavic butterfly shifters reserves for me which I’ll have have to pass on (see below)
Only have half a crank set though - was going to buy an off side Mavic starfish crank which is similar but thought better of it.
Managed to get a nice syncros Cattleprod with noodle.
And a new Mavic Paris gao Dakar Seatpost!
Wheels will be difficult and expensive - (see below)
Here are some pictures

Attachments

• B255FB65-5110-4750-BCC3-40451C1498FB.jpeg
    B255FB65-5110-4750-BCC3-40451C1498FB.jpeg
    359.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 35C469CD-31B3-45F5-BE72-BC572DDCCABE.jpeg
    35C469CD-31B3-45F5-BE72-BC572DDCCABE.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 67A58A5F-C3E7-4825-933B-8205C48D6FF8.jpeg
    67A58A5F-C3E7-4825-933B-8205C48D6FF8.jpeg
    510.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 2A9B0B40-F0E3-402F-B5EC-9EEFE44A5B0E.jpeg
    2A9B0B40-F0E3-402F-B5EC-9EEFE44A5B0E.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 89
Now update is out of the way I’ve got say that unfortunately I won’t be able to finish this
And am going to abandon the project
The wife isn’t happy - as this isn’t going to be cheap - and cant spare the outlay right now. Had a good chat with her and agree (other commitments are taking priority).
The front mech wheels and installing the BB etc will be expensive, not to
Mention the other missing parts etc and even though I’m keen I have agreed not to continue.

So will be selling the parts - (let me know if any interest) and will be giving the frame and forks package away to a good home - someone worthy of what sinnerman wanted.

Oh, that's really bad news. But totally understandable.

Dare I say I would like to queue up for the frameset?

Re:

Can you afford to postpone it until more fruitful times?! Lob it in the back of the shed then come back to it....?
I can't afford to just buy buy build build either....but a bit here and there, slowly slowly catchy monkey.....there might be a time when you think darn it I shouldn't have sold XYZ and now I am a bit more flush it's going to cost even more to restart a project due to passage of time...maybe you have enough bikes already, like I genuinely do!

That's gutting, I hear you though on priorities. My projects have had to take a back seat for a while now, life sometimes gets in the way. You don't realise sometimes the expense that goes into some builds. I totted up what I've spent as yet on my manitou fs and was surprised it came to£1200 and it's not even finished yet! For that money I could of bought the earlier iconic model!

WimVDD":bzj2r6cc said:
Oh, that's really bad news. But totally understandable.

Dare I say I would like to queue up for the frameset?
It is, a shame but I’ve another build on the go too - a Raleigh RSP 550. That will be much cheaper and I’ll ride it often too.
I’ll let you know about the frame !

Re: Re:

TreaderSteve":g1yuztsk said:
Can you afford to postpone it until more fruitful times?! Lob it in the back of the shed then come back to it....?
I can't afford to just buy buy build build either....but a bit here and there, slowly slowly catchy monkey.....there might be a time when you think darn it I shouldn't have sold XYZ and now I am a bit more flush it's going to cost even more to restart a project due to passage of time...maybe you have enough bikes already, like I genuinely do!
I could’ve done but no idea when I’d start on this again so I’ll have to abandon it.
I’ve another build on the go which will be much cheaper and it’s a
Bike I’d ride often too.
It was a very tough decision.

Back