Sold Look KG251 road bike 61cm Campag Daytona Mavic CXP30

walkmanman

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all, I'm selling my 61cm Look KG251 bike. It has been sitting in my storage lockup for the last year and a half since it's a good bit too big for me and I moved on to other bikes/projects as well. So now I'm finally getting round to letting it go. The bike's frame dates from '97 and is one of Look's midrange frames from that time.

The frame is carbon with alloy lugs and dropouts, and is in what I would say average/good condition since there are a good few paint chips and scuffs, but nothing deeper than this and nothing structurally wrong. The photos actually make it look smarter than it is since I've touched up the marks carefully- viewing close up it's quite clear that cosmetically the paintwork's a bit rough. The Campag groupset has come off better though and this is still pretty tidy. It's actually a very versitle bike that accepts slightly larger than "racing" tires if desired. The bike has been fully serviced before being listed here- all parts have been checked over and cleaned/greased/oiled and everything's in good order with minimal wear to the parts. Headset (replaced recently) and bottom bracket are both running ok, and wheels are true and perfectly round.

Spec is as follows -
Frame – Look KG 251 Team 61cm size with 58cm top tube
Fork – Look carbon forks not original to the frame but of the same era
Stem - Ritchey 1"
Headset – C2 Aheadset
Wheelset - Mavic CXP30 clinchers on Campag hubs with Campag cassette and skewers
Tyres – Michelin Lithion 2 and Schwalbe Durano folding tyres
Bars - Icon 42cm
Chainset - Campag Centaur CT compact 48/34 (changed from the original Daytona one as prefer the compact ratios)
Shifters - Campag Daytona 9 speed
Cassette - Campag Daytona
Bottom Bracket – Campag
Front derailleur – Campag Daytona
Rear derailleur – Campag Daytona
Chain – Campag
Brake callipers – Campag Daytona
Seat post – 25mm inline USE? (unable to ID for sure as has been cut down)
Saddle – Selle Italia Flite Titanium
Pedals - Look Carbo Pro for Delta cleats (will possibly keep these unless the new owner especially wants them- can supply platform or standard clipless ones instead)

Whilst riding riding the bike I was obviously a bit stretched out due to the frame, but nevertheless it was lovely to ride, very smooth and handled well, with all the stiffness you could ask whilst still keeping that long-ride comfort advantage found with well designed carbon frames, which makes it in my opinion a lovely classic carbon bike. Cash on collection please, viewings are welcome and I'm based in NW london area, although at a push I can also post the bike.

£300

Back