Lepper Tourer Leather Saddle--46 Euro w/ cheap shipping to UK

frkl

Retro Guru
This isn't time sensitive, but I thought I would just mention it, although there are probably not many leather saddle fans out there :)

These have been selling for around 40 euro for a while, and shipping to UK is listed at under 8 Euro. Inside Germany shipping is 4. I hesitated on buying these for a long time because the Lepper saddles I know are these huge Hollandrad things with more springs than a mattress. But when these dropped under 40 Euro last summer, I went ahead and bought three.

So far I am really pleased. The shape is similar to a Brooks B17, but a bit shorter. The build and leather quality is, in my opinion, superior to a standard B17 (although I haven't bought a new one in a while). The leather is single ply (not laminated as on many cheaper leather saddles), thicker, and at first harder, if you can believe it. But they are breaking in nicely. The finish is a varnish, not a dye, at least on the colored ones, so they don't have a visible leather grain. The finish is holding up fine. My one complaint is that the tension screw tends to loosens on its own, and the rail design is such that without proper tension, the leather can contact the rails near the back. I plan to squirt some thread-locker in there next time.

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have one of the tourers and as my surname is Lepper I both enjoy riding on it and would also agree it works well. Of course for me it is like a bespoke experience.

The saddle is great, albeit a bit heavier than B17. Leather quality is better than brooks.
I've put a fair amount of miles on this saddle on my commuter. No issues with anything loosening.

Back