For Sale Leather hoods for brake levers Record, C record, GB, Modolo Mafac, Dura ace AX

brutuskrombi

Retro Guru
Handmade leather hoods for Campagnolo Super Record, Nuovo Record, Gransport non-aero brake levers.
Now stamped with Campagnolo globe logo.
Hoods are made of hard, 3~3,5 mm thick vegetable tanned cow leather and treated for water resistance.
You don't need needles or extra thread to mount the hoods, everything you need is included (thread for the bottom sewing is not in pictures but it is included and already threaded trough holes. you will only need to tighten up and make a knot).
One set is "aero" without cable hole on top and 2 sets are with hole.

Price is 50 gbp shipped worldwide.

I can also do custom stamps.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 966
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 962
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 954
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 955
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 957
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 964
Last edited:
Re:

Thanks for pleasent comments.
Here are a few more shots, as requested.
Cheers.

Attachments

• 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 803
  • 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 802
  • 93.jpg
    93.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 805
  • 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 803
  • 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 795
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 796
I guess Campagnolo are OK with you using the world logo? Or have they lost copyright after 25 years ?

Re:

I had a go at something like this myself back in the lean years when Seventies stuff was simply "outdated" rather than "collectible". Nobody was doing repro gum hoods, and if anyone was continuing to stock originals, They were hoarding them to sell in the "collectible" future rather than the mundane present.

Yours are far better than mine were, but Imo you might improve them by allowing a few more millimetres of leather where the hoods meet the bars, skiving the leather on the inside so it eases/fills the transition/angle between the bars and the lever body, if you see what I mean? And the edges of the 'hole' where the lever blade exits the hood. I think you could get the shape a bit closer to the gum originals.. but I know from experience that it's hard to do in a material that lacks the elasticity of those originals.

A close look at the Modolo 919 anatomic hoods will reveal that they are (were) in fact textured to supposedly resemble pigskin.

WallStreet":3cmp1be4 said:
These are beautiful. 10/10 for a classic classy product. If only such things were made to customise.

Thanks.
I'm making those hoods one by one so thread color, color of edges, leather color and stamping are all customizable to your preferences.

Re: Re:

torqueless":2hojch9x said:
Yours are far better than mine were, but Imo you might improve them by allowing a few more millimetres of leather where the hoods meet the bars, skiving the leather on the inside so it eases/fills the transition/angle between the bars and the lever body, if you see what I mean? And the edges of the 'hole' where the lever blade exits the hood. I think you could get the shape a bit closer to the gum originals.. but I know from experience that it's hard to do in a material that lacks the elasticity of those originals.

A close look at the Modolo 919 anatomic hoods will reveal that they are (were) in fact textured to supposedly resemble pigskin.

Thank you for your kind comments and suggestions.
I already tried to ease transition between bars and lever body the way you described it but then hoods tends to go forward when riding "on hoods". Right now I'm working on another version of these that will have more ergonomic shape and better transition, should be more comfortable to hold on hoods but will compromise the classic look.
Would love to see your hoods. Cheers.

Back