Lavadome work bike, finished

JRGSXR

MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Some of you may have seen this before. Many thanks to Blacktopdesciple for a spectacular bit of karma. I’m aiming for a no money build on this one and will be using it for commuting (3 miles each way). My son collected this for me and dropped it off on Fri evening. I’ve been digging parts out over the weekend and tonight made a start on the build. E969DECF-69DE-4523-94BE-249DA9F22506.jpeg
Pic above is my starting point. Pic below is the collection of parts for the build

444D0795-2F29-46E0-997A-6317AB1B16A5.jpeg
So far it looks like I’m missing a front brake inner cable and a chain. Once I locate the last couple of parts it shouldn’t take long to assemble.

Hi br0qn, the bar ends were kalloy ski’s that I cut down to stubbies. I like the look of stubbies more and as a bonus it makes them lighter 😂. Encountered a few snags during the build last night 😔. BB will need replaced as it’s way to long, and after another rummage through the spares I’ve still not found a chain or the cable I need. Other than that though progress was good. 4D612D45-DDAE-40F1-A319-5EDF5EB8BDCE.jpeg E2EDFB06-1AF9-4E01-BE14-0B0D371F980F.jpeg

Progress has ground to a halt. Will need to wait till the weekend when I’ve got more time to try and locate the final few parts. I know I’ve got the parts I need, just can’t find them!

Looks really nice, I recently had a go at building up a slightly later Hahanna from the unloved spares department, and I have to admit I love riding the thing, it's not all about the big bucks spec.

Small amount of progress made today 7F5F9807-B9D2-44D7-ADBE-65D08A986D08.jpeg
Rear brake and front mech cabled up, I’m going to have to admit defeat though 😔. I’ve not got a front brake cable inner or a suitable chain. Looks like I’m going to have to spend money! 😱.

Back