al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Newly added:

B55044
B53545

B17319
B19486

Adding a Haole is always special, but two is a treat! We could even add a third if the current ebay listing would share the SN (they won't). We also added to 92 Hei Hei's.

Finally Peter Wedge's 97 Hei Hei popped up last month. The SN starts with B19 but that's as much as the current owner wants to share at this point, which we must respect.

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Just scored a Kona Score (literally). Feel free to add this number to the database... it appears to be another "undocumented" 18"

KS 18161

giphy.gif

Now that's something very, very, special. Thank you for sharing.

Pip's Score was KS18170, so at 161 can we speculate that perhaps there was a small batch run of 18"s after all? It certainly opens up that hypothesis.

I'm really interested in the red sticker on the downtube. Would you be able to take a picture of that? Did you manage to glean any history of the frame from the seller?

ben.johnson.mt

Dirt Disciple
looks to be about the bb/crank axle?

View attachment 645236
giphy.gif

Now that's something very, very, special. Thank you for sharing.

Pip's Score was KS18170, so at 161 can we speculate that perhaps there was a small batch run of 18"s after all? It certainly opens up that hypothesis.

I'm really interested in the red sticker on the downtube. Would you be able to take a picture of that? Did you manage to glean any history of the frame from the seller?

Yep, ISIS drive decal, as well as other RaceFace ISIS decals. Minimal info from seller (US ebay, shipped from Florida, big seller, non-bike guy, maybe an estate clearing house or something?).

Their reply to my inquiry (Any history? Shop built? Dealer? Pro? etc) was "It came from a wanna be pro rider (I think). It came out of a default lien sale which they made me pay premium for just to get it."

Attachments

• IMG_3571.JPG
    IMG_3571.JPG
    405.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3572.JPG
    IMG_3572.JPG
    467.1 KB · Views: 10

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Absolutely brilliant. Another tenuous link but ex team bikes usually have a Raceface decal somewhere and this reflects that. Admittedly on a Ti frame you can't be sure, but nevertheless it's a very cool detail.

Mortonm

Kona Fan
Absolutely brilliant. Another tenuous link but ex team bikes usually have a Raceface decal somewhere and this reflects that. Admittedly on a Ti frame you can't be sure, but nevertheless it's a very cool detail.
I feel the advertising of the ISIS drive beside it might lend itself to that theory as well. Otherwise it would not likely be on a customer purchased bike.

Last edited: