Kona Misser replica 1997

that Misser from Germany looks the part - not into DH all that years; but this bike could make me look deaper into it Retro DH :cool:

It's a great looking machine for sure.

Lot's going on behind the scenes here so more to come. Forks are on their way from Norway and I've sourced an appropriately coloured X-Lite Fly stem :cool:

The next challenge is the shock. Does anyone know the model and is there are manual somewhere on-line for it?

al-onestare:1lm5f6qe said:
It's a great looking machine for sure.

Lot's going on behind the scenes here so more to come. Forks are on their way from Norway and I've sourced an appropriately coloured X-Lite Fly stem :cool:

The next challenge is the shock. Does anyone know the model and is there are manual somewhere on-line for it?

Fox vanilla RX.

Looking forward to finding out more about the frame and build your going with :cool: RX.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

Fox (Silverfish) / TFTuned (Not Tim Flooks anymore) or Flotec (Taj Hendry) should be able to service and rebuild it

Re: Re:

boxxer":uqi6kkbe said:
Fox (Silverfish) / TFTuned (Not Tim Flooks anymore) or Flotec (Taj Hendry) should be able to service and rebuild it

Darren aka "Silverfish" and owner of said establishment is a member on here although I've not seen him around these parts for a while

Big thanks folks - Silverfish have come back and said they can do it so it's booked in.

In other news, the first component turned up yesterday (not the forks) :D

Re:

Progress has been made but it's riding season. Coupled with the insane COVID retrobike tax, I'm purchasing parts over a longer timeframe. More to come...

So I haven't forgotten about this. As mentioned, the insanity of top-end kit retrobike prices, coupled with relocating south-west has made finding and collecting parts even harder than before. It's gotten to the point where I may need to invest in complete bikes, well over £1k, to split out and recoup costs. Ouch.

So on a more cheery note, here are extracts from the September 1996 edition of BIKE magazine. I'll let the pictures do the talking 👌 I've got a one pager from MBUK to share when I can get back into my stash. Yes, you read 470,000 peseta's which was approx. £2,500 which in today's terms is approx. £4,100...

N5bMYR.jpg

NpHGc3.jpg

E6mYbK.jpg

IWMIM1.jpg

The biggest stumbling point are wheels because I need a bolt through front axle (maxle) to run the Mr T's and normal QR for the rear. I'd like to run discs since it has the tab, but of course they need to be early configurated. I could run V's as above but it'd seem a wasted opportunity to showcase the innovations going on at the time. If anyone has anything appropriate or know someone who does, please hit me up.

Back