Kona Misser replica 1997

Re:

Nice work Al! Also saw this and wondered who would bite first - and couldn’t have gone to a better man!

What are the plans for the rear shock? Looks a piece of art in itself and must be pretty rare on its own.

Re:

Cheers dudes. I'm in unknown territory / learning along the way mode with this. I agree the shock is quite something and I'm sure can be refurbished. It definitely needs new bearings.

So much to go into :) Hands up who remembers the RRP on these in 1996/7?

Did they sell them as framesets also, they would have been a few grand on their own, so a full bike would have been £4k+?

What are your plans for the bike regarding finished spec, are you building it full Kona catalogue spec, Misser race spec or just period spec?

Tomas Misser was a Spanish Dh racer, so it is this one. Some years race in the Volvo Team.

bici4.jpg

BIKE-Nov-96-1-768x1024.jpg

The bicycle Kona Replica was not close to the one Misser race. Misser rides one with a Rock Shox Boxxer, the replica has a Bomber ...

IMG_20190702_2022182-1024x768.jpg

I do agree the industrial looking Boxxers match the rest of set up much better than the up scaled almost whimpy looking XC bombers

but DHO's go for crazy money these days .. will be interesting to see how far into the DH world Al will venture

Re:

Perhaps a Marzocchi Monster Bomber T? :cool:

Is the frame 18" or 19" btw?

Attachments

• s-l1600-26.jpg
    s-l1600-26.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 257

Latest posts

Back