Kona Hot Serial Number List - update 18/03/24

Re:

This one has popped up on social media again H09611049 – 18” 1997 Stars ‘n’ Bars, Goathead Dropouts.

XM0xyv.jpg

Re:

I've been a bit lacking of late with searching out any new frames that may have come to light. I have however been a bit out of sorts for a while, although that should improve during the second part of this month :D .

Okay, I have updated the list again with a new entry thanks to Sándor.

Rather astonishingly, it appears to be a N.O.S. 17" 1993 Tom Teesdale frame. The seller has listed it as Metallic Green, but most of the pictures are a bit odd looking - like they are enhanced for a catalogue. I've listed it as Apple Green, after Sándor managed to get a proper shot of the Serial Number that shows the colour better.

Pip

mylifeoftorment":2cb3ikex said:
Hi there,
New to here but I have TET377 that I can give details for.
I'm no forum whizz so will need some handholding!
Andy
Hi Andy, welcome to the forum.

Some pictures of your Teesdale Hot will be great, although you may have difficulty posting pictures.

If you have any problems with adding pictures to a post, I can give you my e-mail address via a Private Message for you to attach anything that you would like to send me.

As a result of persistent Spammers, some restrictions were introduced for new members, so you will not be able to reply to a Private Message until you have made a certain number of posts.

Having said all that, a new member posted some great pictures only yesterday of their Hei Hei frame, so you may be able to figure out how to do it. Just reply on here if you have any problems, and I'll help you out.

Pip

Re:

OK, first attempt at uploading a picture, all being well it should be there!

It's a '93 which in '95 or '96 I "updated" to look like the one from the current catalogue as it was looking scruffy. Its also been "modernised" over the years as it was retired from serious mountain biking to a life of road and path pottering!

In the near future its going to be changed back to probably its original purple/blue colour (anyone got any paint codes or better ideas!?)
And going to take off the forks as its a pre sus frame and dig out all the original weight weenie bits that were on it.

Andy

Attachments

• 20200703_201812 - Copy.jpg
    20200703_201812 - Copy.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 712
Re:

Thank you for posting a picture of your Hot.

I think that it looks fine with its 1996 makeover, but many on this site will think it should be retaining its 1993 paint and Decals.

Kona have no paint codes for the custom colours used on the Hot frames, so you will be relying on old pictures or memory if you intend to return it to the original colour.

If you would like me to add it to the Hot Serial Number list as a confirmed entry, you'll need to post an in focus picture of the Serial Number.

Perhaps you could start your own thread in the appropriate section:

Reader's MTBs --> 1997

Pip.

Back