Kona Hot Serial Number List - update 18/03/24

Great list Pip. Looks like there is very few with a rear u-brake here. Do you know of any else than mine (TET 367)?

Re: Re:

kase1983":1z3ryf65 said:
is there a section for mine where i cant find the frame number? :D
Doug, I only have four examples of Enigma built Hot serial numbers, so it would indeed be great to add you frame to the list :) .

You may however need to resort to some surgery similar to the example below performed on a Kula :shock: .

Kula serial_1 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

Re:

Haaland":2exfigl3 said:
Great list Pip. Looks like there is very few with a rear u-brake here. Do you know of any else than mine (TET 367)?
I have pictures of all the Hot frames on the list, but yours is the only example with a rear U-brake. By the time the Hot was introduced for the 1991 line-up, Kona had altered all of the bikes to Cati-brakes.

The earliest example on the list is TET 18, which we believe was welded in August 1990, and even that frame has Canti-brakes. So yours is the only frame that I currently know of with what appears to be a Custom option presumably requested by the original owner.

Pip

Re:

Rightyho, I have updated both the Hot and the Titanium Serial Number Lists with confirmed numbers. The new entries come courtesy of Sándor.

I am very grateful to both Sándor and Alasdair for their steady feed of Kona Custom bikes and frames that they discover, which all helps with compiling the Serial Numbers Lists. Anyway, if they could just find a Custom Flame Ku in 18" for me to add to the Ku Serial Number List, while hopefully making it mine :cool: .

Pip

Re:

Okay, I have updated the list again with a couple of new entries via Alasdair - apologies for the delay.

This time a couple of 1993 frames from what is becoming apparent to have been one of Tom's very productive years for Kona.

Pip.

Re:

I have updated the list again with an Altitude built 1996 in 20". It has the highest "HT" prefix that we have seen - if you glance at the start of this thread, there is an explanation of the Altitude Serial Number sequence.

Thanks going to Alasdair for outing this lovely Electric Blue example in Orlando.

Pip

Re:

Rightyho, I have updated the Hot Serial Number list again with a Tom Teesdale built frame finished in the 1994 US catalogue White.

This came via a Private Message to me with a somewhat interesting story regarding where the owner purchased it. Hopefully it may appear on the Reader's MTBs --> 1997 Forum sometime.

Pip

Back