Kona Hot Serial Number List - update 18/03/24

Thank you very much for the pictures of your Hot frame.

I will add it to the Kona Hot Serial Number List, when I have confirmed a couple of details:

I can say that it is a 1993 frame built by Tom Teesdale, but I am not very good at figuring out a size from a picture of a frame only, but I have gone for 19".

Could you kindly give me the measurement from the centre of the Bottom Bracket to the top of the Seat Tube?

Would you say that the colour is Black, or is there any other shade going on in there?

BTW: if those are the original Decals. then you have a frame in amazing condition. Some more picture would be welcome - perhaps you could start your own thread in the appropriate section:

Pip

Last edited:
Ah, rightyho. thank you for that conformation.

I have a really good Samsung Monitor, and a blinking expensive HP Computer with and upgraded Graphics Card, but despite all that.... I appear to struggle with seeing detail very well 🧐🤔🧐 . Although I do need to consider that I am on fairly hectic gear now prescribed by my Palliative Care Consultant, which was increased again this week after a Zoom Consultation, which resulted in a Home Visit. I guess I didn't look so ticker-boo!

Anyway, I will update the Serial Number List now with some correct information.

Well done for finding such a superb example of a 1993 Hot.

Pip

Last edited:
Just picked this one up yesterday and was told by someone on the Kona FB group to list it here. Please let me know what other information you'd like.
IMG_3278_r.JPG IMG_3292_r.JPG IMG_3293_r.JPG 275233899_10103222182292850_3590481456465732190_n_r.jpg

Yep, TET 1620. '94 is what I've gathered based on my research.

Hello there, and welcome to Retrobike. Thank you very much for adding some pictures of your Hot to the Kona Hot Serial Number List.

Yes the bike is a 1994 Hot in 18", and a fine example in Burgundy. You may like to start your own thread for your bike in the appropriate section:

Some higher resolution pictures of the whole frame would be lovely. I'm not one for keeping the bike in its' original state, or though it dose seem important to some members 😜.

The other point that you may like to take on board, is my current health situation, which you can vaguely access at the bottom of my posts "Important Notice regarding Serial Number Lists". At the moment, I am still able to work on the site, although this could alter alter at any time.

Anyway, I am still contributing at the moment, so please do keep those pictures coming on through.

Pip

Last edited:
Here’s some pics of my Hot and a bit of a back story. I’m the original owner and bike was factory ordered and I believe maybe a 96? Black with yellow decals 853 tubing but no oval down tube and full xtr. I broke the frame and was replaced with a 98 frame with the flames. At the time according to kona this was the last hot frame they had. Here a pic of the original bike and one of how it sits now.

Attachments

• 5D99773D-6F9F-4004-94AA-E8ACC8186507.jpeg
    5D99773D-6F9F-4004-94AA-E8ACC8186507.jpeg
    448.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 51B49C5B-E87C-434E-8D9B-7F67BCA2330A.jpeg
    51B49C5B-E87C-434E-8D9B-7F67BCA2330A.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 20
Here’s some pics of my Hot and a bit of a back story. I’m the original owner and bike was factory ordered and I believe maybe a 96? Black with yellow decals 853 tubing but no oval down tube and full xtr. I broke the frame and was replaced with a 98 frame with the flames. At the time according to kona this was the last hot frame they had. Here a pic of the original bike and one of how it sits now.
Glad you made it over from Facebook. Your original was a 97 with those decals.

If you can get a clear reading of the serial number you can compare it against the others here.

Back