Kona Hot Serial Number List - update 18/03/24

Here’s some pics of my Hot and a bit of a back story. I’m the original owner and bike was factory ordered and I believe maybe a 96? Black with yellow decals 853 tubing but no oval down tube and full xtr. I broke the frame and was replaced with a 98 frame with the flames. At the time according to kona this was the last hot frame they had. Here a pic of the original bike and one of how it sits now.

Like the colours on the flame Hot

hotflame.jpeg

i wonder how many flame paint jobs are out there. I think this year im finally going to paint the forks green to match and give it a tune up with new cables tires and seat. dont ride it much anymore xtr parts are hard to find and luckily was able to find a new xtr crankset.
You should. The xtr parts are still out there. The crank and bottom bracket likely the worst to try and source

I was lucky to pick up a 94 Hot #TET 1522 It's a 18 inch frame in Cobalt blue (I could be wrong about the colour). It seems to be missing the "Kona Custom" decal all together... It came with a mish-mash of parts from decent Manitou 1's, XT FD/ LX RD, LX crank, to junk wheel set and cockpit- ALL of which will NOT be used on this build. I'll be sure to start a build thread. IMG_3244.jpeg IMG_3246.jpeg IMG_3249.jpeg IMG_3252.jpeg IMG_3253.jpeg

Nice
I was lucky to pick up a 94 Hot #TET 1522 It's a 18 inch frame in Cobalt blue (I could be wrong about the colour). It seems to be missing the "Kona Custom" decal all together... It came with a mish-mash of parts from decent Manitou 1's, XT FD/ LX RD, LX crank, to junk wheel set and cockpit- ALL of which will NOT be used on this build. I'll be sure to start a build thread. View attachment 625540View attachment 625541View attachment 625542View attachment 625543View attachment 625544
Nice! In Alberta right ? If it was a 19 it would have been mine haha

I was lucky to pick up a 94 Hot #TET 1522 It's a 18 inch frame in Cobalt blue (I could be wrong about the colour). It seems to be missing the "Kona Custom" decal all together... It came with a mish-mash of parts from decent Manitou 1's, XT FD/ LX RD, LX crank, to junk wheel set and cockpit- ALL of which will NOT be used on this build. I'll be sure to start a build thread. View attachment 625540View attachment 625541View attachment 625542View attachment 625543View attachment 625544

:cool: nice, great colour and my size too.

Back