Knackered old Kooka Cranks?

Jack_talking_lad

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So, I've been using these on my old beater. Bought them when they were already a bit goosed, powder coating coating chipped, drive side removal thread stripped etc. Got them off with a big old chisel and a lump hammer. Didn't do too much damage to the spider, fortunately. Thinking about trying to restore them to some resemblance of former glory. I've always fancied having a crack at anodising, just for shits and giggles, anybody had any experience of doing this in their garage? I'd be grateful to hear some do's and dont's. Also, regarding the thread - anyone ever managed to repair one? Thinking of maybe using belzona or similar...

I'm not too precious about them so looking forward to having a bit of fun.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how I can get these looking good.

Cheers 😎

20210523_102940.jpg

I have no idea how you would go about doing this in your garage without getting at least mildly electrocuted… but I definitely think you should try.

And post links to the video.

Plenty of tutorials for anodizing at home on youtube... :)
As for the thread, can be easily repaired if you have access to a decent engineering company... 😉

It’s well worth doing. I mean.. it’s not like you would get that perfect homemade Rasta finish.. then they crack on the first ride, or something..

I am reluctant to say but I have a pair of red black ones that have been in heavy use from 96-2010s now only light use but no issues touch wood <3

Back