KHS Montana Team 1993

I think I've officially become a Montana collector. Just picked up another blue/pink '93 for £60 because... £60

I was making good progress collecting parts of the Team build. Still need a 1" steerer for the Manitou shocks I want and the frame still hasn't gone off to paint because of lockdown, but getting there

IMG_0662.jpeg

For those reading this because it started as a Team build, it no longer is... but most of the parts were collected for what I still expect to be a Team build at some point. I've put off the repaint of the Team frame in blue/pink and instead used my latest blue/pink Comp frame to hang the Team parts collection off of (mostly Team parts; I want wider riser bars and Magura brakes).

Still need to install the Maguras, build a set of wheels with the XTR hubs and a few finishing jobs but I'm going to enjoy riding this...

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpeg
    IMG_0771.jpeg
    349.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0772.jpeg
    IMG_0772.jpeg
    400.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0773.jpeg
    IMG_0773.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0774.jpeg
    IMG_0774.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0775.jpeg
    IMG_0775.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0776.jpeg
    IMG_0776.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0777.jpeg
    IMG_0777.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 30
It's now almost how I want it, except it's still not a Team frame.

New stem is in the post to replace the roadie stem I found in the parts draw and the front brake doesn't yet have any fluid in it, with an olive in the post. I'm still building the rear wheel with the XTR m900 hub and then I can ride it (and keep my eyes peeled for a 1993 Team frame!)

IMG_0918.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0919.jpeg
    IMG_0919.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0920.jpeg
    IMG_0920.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0921.jpeg
    IMG_0921.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0922.jpeg
    IMG_0922.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 6
Just picking up this thread because it's taken another turn, for the better. Whilst browsing Facebook and reading on an Orange owners page about a Clockwork ride I saw one of the other bikes was a 93 Montana Team. I got chatting to the guy and it turned out he had another 'spare' 93 Team frame too. I took a punt and asked if he'd part with it, which he did, so here's the finished, for now, bike (as this is the third frame in this thread I know it's questionable it's the same 'bike' <<insert Trigger's broom references here>>).

I believe this frame has moved between, at least, Italy, Holland and the UK in its history. With the 94 Team frame that started this thread having come from the US these are hard to find without importing them!

I built it as it came, I may sort the handful of stone chips and maybe get Gill to send me new stickers, but I'll ride it hard, so I might not. I'll ride it with modern bars/stem plus spacers to get the 'geometry' I want, hence modern tires too.

IMG_2812.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: Re:

I'm watching with a raised eyebrow (if only we had that emoji :LOL: )

There was a Team frame advertised here a few days back - I was tempted to buy it, but was put off as it had rack mounts so it wouldn't have been an exact replica for mine. Think TSC may have bought it in the end.
This is the same frame I bought, only took 18 months to come around! Shows how few there are!

Back