Jumble in Manchester? Need more MTBs!

Wherehumanscycle

Dirt Disciple
Howdy,

Am not associated with this but been going for years and thought it was worth a share. I alway find there is little retro MTB stuff for sale so would be ace to see more this year and join me as seller and brew haha.

Also would a retro MTB specific jumble be worth organising? Not seen one before

Scott

Attachments

• 1C82A87C-2328-4BBB-ABFD-25E4632A5958.jpeg
    1C82A87C-2328-4BBB-ABFD-25E4632A5958.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 6
The whole jumble scene needs to be boosted, instead of 200 miles and 4 months apart. Travel is becoming more problematic. Its just easier/dryer/less faff to browse from your phone.
Most mtb stuff is on ebay. But if sellers could be encouraged to set up a table at a jumble instead of running to the post office three times a week.....

Mtb-dedicated, could work, however a healthy mix of all bikes would be better. Bmx too.
Some jumbles have also turned into that 'regular carboot style seller' thing, with the same junk this time as they had last time...unsold. therefore, fresh stock and faces is certainly welcome.

The whole jumble scene needs to be boosted, instead of 200 miles and 4 months apart. Travel is becoming more problematic. Its just easier/dryer/less faff to browse from your phone.
Most mtb stuff is on ebay. But if sellers could be encouraged to set up a table at a jumble instead of running to the post office three times a week.....

Mtb-dedicated, could work, however a healthy mix of all bikes would be better. Bmx too.
Some jumbles have also turned into that 'regular carboot style seller' thing, with the same junk this time as they had last time...unsold. therefore, fresh stock and faces is certainly welcome.
Totally agree, eBay and Facebook etc have been become the norm and easy option but with that prices are getting racy at times. Personally I love a good route around and finding those bargains or that part for the right price is more thrilling that spending hours on eBay haha. This one has good reputation and been going for years plus is returning after 3 year gap so thought a little share might encourage some sellers or even buyers. Great location also!

Innit! I really enjoy jumbles with not enough hands and fingers to hold the stuff ive bought.
Parrs wood used to host a good one, that seems to have disappeared?
Also one at a school near hull @FluffyChicken again, gone.
There are a few up north advertised via campyoldy but im frightened of a 90 mile round trip just to find sparse tables full of vintage road stuff that i cant appreciate.
So yeah, more mtb filth!

Back