Is there anyone that can service PowerTap hubs on here?

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello there

Am well aware that Palligap used to be the service centre, and now CyclePowerMeters does them now...

I've got a G3 that has started to give me erratic readings. I've been in touch with CPM, as I don't want to ship a wheel to them simply to be told; "You need a new torque tube mate, now stump up somewhere between £300-450!"

I'd be very grateful if anyone on here could help me test and diagnose what's actually wrong with mine for sure? I'm getting to the stage that it probably is the torque tube. Assuming so, is there anyone else in the world that can change/fix this for me, for less than CPM prices?

Many thanks for any replies

Re:

I sent a friend’s back for exactly the same. You do get two years guarantee on the new guts. I remember them sending the old internals back as well. If you do find someone who can repair i’d be interested.

Re: Re:

jm":owy8f6e4 said:
I sent a friend’s back for exactly the same. You do get two years guarantee on the new guts. I remember them sending the old internals back as well. If you do find someone who can repair i’d be interested.

I ain't holding out much hope, but it's worth a try before I have to bend over and have CPM's servicing prices inserted.... :facepalm:

Re:

i have done bearing services on those hubs before, but not diagnostics, truth be told i am not impressed with them, that said they do come apart very simply like any sealed bearing hub, what i am not impressed with is the fact that on the 2 i have serviced the bearings on the sensor on the axle is literally sellotaped in place, so my advice is pull it apart and check the sensor is taped in place and has not come loose from the axle, that would be my first guess for dodgy readings.

rjsdavis":3gcoyrei said:
Nob":3gcoyrei said:
I much prefer the power2max meters for more reliable with good customer support but you can try the power tap Czech service center but you’ll need to phone them
https://powertap.eu/about-us

Thank you for the suggestion - have you used those guys in the Czech Republic?

Nope because I use Power2Max = German Engineering with good support.

Back