Is it a Saracen Kili Flyer?

christi

Dirt Disciple
Hi freaks,

could this frame be a 89`Saracen Kili Flyer or is it something else? There`s a Tange prestige sticker on it A lot of details seem to be the same to Heathys BOTM Jan 2010, but look at the entry and exit for the brake cable.. Don`t mind the paint, I can`t tell if it`s original or not.

Thanks for your information!

Bye

Chris

Attachments

• prestigerahmen.jpg
    prestigerahmen.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,203
I have the same sort of frame as Heathy. From first glance the only difference I can see is that on my frame the front edge where the seat post inserts is far more pointy on your frame. It is more rounded on mine.

There are several traits which have a definite Saracen look about them.
The cable routing and guides, the rear canti guide and seatstay bridge, and the smoothed headtube fillet brazing.
Even the pointy seat-tube looks familiar.

There are a few subtle differences from Heathy's 1989/90 Kili Flyer though, namely the top tube cable routing entry and exit points as you mention.

05_254.jpg

02_373.jpg

01_110.jpg

Pretty confident it's a Saracen of a similar vintage though.

Hi guys,

thanks for your quick replies. Was there a 1988 Kili Flyer? Maybe it`s from 1988. Backwheel spacing is 130mm.

Bye

Chris

there was an 88 kili flyer and that pink one above was it.

Looks the same as yours I have to say.

to my knowledge i think there was only one fillet brazed saracen in that range.

Pink one is an 88. Tufftrax was yellow or red (as 87) trekker was aquarius blue, blizzard was white and kili flyer was pink.

89 range was declared on the back covers of mbuk on evans ads as blue TT, green trekker, pink traverse.

Saracen Kili Flyer decals

Does anybody have an idea about 89`Saracen Kili Flyer decals for that frame?

Back