Introduction/Rebuilding a 92' Schwinn Paramount Series 90

heeroyuy01195

Retro Newbie
Hey everyone, first time posting on here so I figured I would start with one of my projects. Picked up a 92' Series 90 frame, a bike I had been nuts about since I first saw it. Took me years to find a frame in my size that wasn't beat up but I finally got one. I want to keep everything as period correct as possible on it; suggestions on parts are welcome. So far I have installed a NOS Tioga Avenger headset and I have a set of Mavic 231 CD rims laced Nukeproof Carbon Hubs ready to install. Not sure where to go in regards to the stem and controls. Thinking to go with Shimano for the drivetrain and see what happens. I was 3 when this bike came out and never really looked into doing a period correct build before so my vintage knowledge is limited; any recommendations for components would be much appreciated.

Some of the pre-97 Mountain Bikes in the stable:
87 Schwinn Paramountain (have 2 of these)
87 Schwinn High Sierra
87 Schwinn Cimarron
89 Schwinn KOM Team
92 Schwinn Paramount Series 90
95 Schwinn Moab Elite (2 of these as well)
95 Schwinn High Plains
95 Schwinn Homegrown
94 Schwinn Project Colorado
94 GT Karakoram
89 Mongoose IBOC

That's all I can remember off the top of my head right now. Anyhow, should have some pictures of the Paramount up in a bit. Thanks for taking a look and any help :D

Here's how it's currently sitting. White wall tires are temporary until I can find some skin walls.

Have these to install later:

Hi, interested in your build as I am restoring a Paramount Team, however Photobucket no longer works on this forum :?

Try Flickr...

heeroyuy01195":3kk5ciir said:
Here's how it's currently sitting. White wall tires are temporary until I can find some skin walls.

Have these to install later:

Back