mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
The Intense M1, for years my, and plenty of others, dream DH bike, totally over engineered and still to this day, gorgeous! As with a lot of things, later down the line i was fortunate enough to own one, well 3 actually, and have enjoyed riding them at many of the countries tracks. Many other DH bikes have passed through my hands and later sold on, but for some reason i could not bring myself to sell this one, mainly because it is an M1, but also in really good condition, helped by the fact i had other bikes when i got this which at the time took the brunt of the DH duties. For the last 15yrs or more, this bike has been in storage. Apart from my World Force VR1, the only DH bike i still own.

I finally dragged it out today and brought it home, the plan is to re-commission the bike, leaving all the parts as is now, not to ride though, this one will be for me to look at everyday, to brighten the day. Not really much to do to it and not going to be a Peachy standard documentation, but thought i would share it anyway ☺️
20210328_185940.jpg

She's a beauty mate, what are you after to complete the build or do you have it all still ?

She's a beauty mate, what are you after to complete the build or do you have it all still ?

Thank you.

Yes, its still complete so shouldn't really need to replace anything, though i noticed some oil on the bottom of the fork leg while moving it so may need to change a seal or two 🦭

Thank you.

Yes, its still complete so shouldn't really need to replace anything, though i noticed some oil on the bottom of the fork leg while moving it so may need to change a seal or two 🦭
if you have instagram check out retro_shox Dave should be able to sort you out if you don't flick him an email retroshox@icloud.com

As the sun is out today i thought i would get a few pictures before i strip n clean the bike. Need to dig the shock and spring out of the loft but apart from that it should be easy and straight forward.

20210329_115314.jpg 20210329_115400.jpg 20210329_115426.jpg 20210329_115538.jpg 20210329_115604.jpg 20210329_115852.jpg 20210329_115901.jpg

Its a beast! What happened to the shock ?

Cant quite remember why i took it off now, maybe to try on different M1 frame. Its the original 5th Element.

I probably tried fitting it to this, an earlier version M1, as it was one of the bikes i was using at the time, photo not very good, dragged from my PB account.

intense.jpg

Cant quite remember why i took it off now, maybe to try on different M1 frame. Its the original 5th Element.

I probably tried fitting it to this, an earlier version M1, as it was one of the bikes i was using at the time, photo not very good, dragged from my PB account.

View attachment 531444

View attachment 531444
Nice! Looks like same 5th element shock I had on my old V10

Back