I think I’ve been scammed via RetroBike!

Re:

I'm new to this forum, trying to buy a few bits to restore an old Dawes.

I received a PM as below, clearly a scam.

----
last week i met Robert, a friend of mine at the ups station he mentioned he has one of those, you should contact him to see if you can work something out, his gmail is xxx
----

Can I suggest the mods put a sticky at the top of the For Sale sections warning of these attempted scams? Not all are as alert to scams (and frankly even if you are, you can still get caught out if you're not paying attention!) so worthwhile trying to alert as many as possible..

Re: Re:

CrustyoldDawes":3osjyiy1 said:
I'm new to this forum, trying to buy a few bits to restore an old Dawes.

I received a PM as below, clearly a scam.

----
last week i met Robert, a friend of mine at the ups station he mentioned he has one of those, you should contact him to see if you can work something out, his gmail is xxx
----

Can I suggest the mods put a sticky at the top of the For Sale sections warning of these attempted scams? Not all are as alert to scams (and frankly even if you are, you can still get caught out if you're not paying attention!) so worthwhile trying to alert as many as possible..

I just received this one too, seems Robert has every rare and desirable piece...ever! The first time I had this was a few weeks ago where I got the same email to three different wanted threads so knew it was a scam.

There’s a sticky on the wanted section. Post up in that thread the user name who sent the pm and I’ll deal with it

Back