I think I’ve been scammed via RetroBike!

Re: Re:

d8mok":3t0on6jj said:
It’s a pity we can’t have some sort of list of trusted sellers who have been verified by maybe sending a copy of driving license and confirmed PayPal address or something. . It would be a massive process I’d guess for admin though.

Feedback thread is always a good place to see if someone is a trusted seller or buyer here... viewforum.php?f=15

This place is still one of the best parts of the internet to trade parts and hangout :cool:

Hope the op finds the parts they want and this has a happy ending...

Kaya

You can pretty much self-vet sellers or members from their posting history. Admin certainly doesn't need extra workload. As far as I can see & certainly from the similar offers I've had it's always a newly registered account with zero post count that's miraculously got a non-member friend who's got the item you're looking for.

RB's been a great resource for me finding parts & selling a few too but you need to have your wits about you. If under any doubt & you still want to proceed never go friends & family.

Re:

Sorry to hear this. Agree with points above. Looks like this site is being targetted increasingly by scammers sadly. Quite a few too good to be true deals being offered. :facepalm:

Re:

Happens every now and again. Fool me once and all that. If a 'seller' asks you to pay via pp Gift, always offer to pay standard paypal and cover the extra for fees. If they don't like that option, walk away.

Sorry to hear you've had issues but as mentioned ed, try to recover via bank. Good luck

I had several of the same phishing emails and smelt a rat a mile off. Gutted for OP but wouldn't flex the IT grad status on this occasion.
Ask for pics and description of rare parts too!

Sad to read this. Paypal friend is like a knife with two blades, it is dangerous.

I will apply myself: Don´t use paypal friends except with people you know or trust. With new members never.

d8mok":vj5xjgtr said:
It’s a pity we can’t have some sort of list of trusted sellers who have been verified by maybe sending a copy of driving license and confirmed PayPal address or something. . It would be a massive process I’d guess for admin though.

We are GROWNUPS! It's up to each of us to take responsibility for ourselves.
Use the feedback thread and give feedback.

hamster":3sh73tgq said:
We are GROWNUPS! It's up to each of us to take responsibility for ourselves.
Use the feedback thread and give feedback.
Beat me to it, the first thing I check, simples... :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back