I’ve not seen one …

Antstark

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Bikes that you know must exist, but have never seen in real life or even on here

I’ll go first

1988 Fisher Procalibre

Huh?

Yeah but I’ve still never seen one in real life..and other than the odd FS or eBay listing who’s actually got one ?…especially in the UK

There's probably tons of mythical bikes that I've forgotten about...probably because they are mythical :D

But one that springs to mind is the mad Cilo with the ATZ bolt on suspension, that Phillipe Perakis won Mammoth on in '91.

This picture was the best I could find on the interweb, which sums it up I guess!

Attachments

• perakis.jpeg
    perakis.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 70
let me go next:
Alpinestars T44 1992
alpinestars t44 Fully 1992.jpg

there is a bit of discussion and some bike mags seem to even have tested prototypes

Wracking my brain, I’m sure I can recall reading (way) bitd that Keith Bontrager was working on an Aermet frame. Never seen it.

What about that prototype Yeti ARC LT with carbon (or carbon wrapped) tubes a la C-26? Can vaguely recall a trade show pic (for some reason I think it had Penske forks)

The American Beryllium?

A full sus Merlin with multiple girvin elastomers suspending multiple frame tubes (like an elevator on steriod). Vaguely recall magazine pics way back in history.. Apols for my ropey description - it makes (some) sense in my head!

Back