How to run full length cable outers without guides?

TheAntsPants

Devout Dirtbag
As the title says, on a retro frame that doesn't have the guides for full length outers, or even any guides at all in some places. Preferably something unobtrusive, simple and that won't destroy the paint.

Please don't say zip ties!

TheAntsPants":3gn7qtqv said:
As the title says, on a retro frame that doesn't have the guides for full length outers, or even any guides at all in some places. Preferably something unobtrusive, simple and that won't destroy the paint.

Please don't say zip ties!

why ask when you know the answer, just call them retro zip ties like these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-SHIM ... Swkl5Xc-8D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

daugs":2d2z0iel said:
why ask when you know the answer, just call them retro zip ties like these

Honestly hadn't thought of those! They're a bit too retro aren't they? I want 2 cables running on the top tube, so... I need something that will go on the stays as well. :|

Re:

that was the design, back in the days of my youth, cheaper for the manufacturer than brazing on guides. any solution is going to be a variation of this, plastic like a zip tie or a metal equivalent. You could get stay ones as well. Same just smaller. Just ebay search brake cable guide, there are some plastic ones as well I think.

I had some like this jagwire stick on guides, made by BBB (probably just exactly the same but marketed under a different name). They are actually very sticky!

Re:

Nowt wrong with gaffer tape, Aldi's finest too.

Works for me and easy to clean off when needed.
I also have the metal clamp for guides to but useless at keeping the cable from moving around.

file.php

Latest posts

Back