How many Vitamin T’s are out there still riding.

geetee61

Senior Retro Guru
Guys, just wondering how many Vitamin T’s are still out there and being ridden ? I bought my 93 frame over 10 years ago from a guy in California. Built it up with a mix of modernish and retro parts, ride this beautiful machine every day mainly on road and cycle paths. Weighs in at 20lb and is a flying machine. Show me yours guys !!

Attachments

• EBDD9517-CDA4-4DDC-94DB-047ED21DF9EC.jpeg
    EBDD9517-CDA4-4DDC-94DB-047ED21DF9EC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 454
Not a T but a T2 that was ridden regularly until it cracked (again). I'm stripping it down this weekend & taking it to the welders next week for their verdict.

Your's is an amazing weight given it has the suspension forks!

Re:

Yeah, stem, bars and post all ti. 32 spoke Mavic XC717 wheels with XTR hubs. Pace RC 36 pro class 2 forks. XT Hollowtech crankset. All helps to keep the weight down. Good luck with the welder mate.

Re:

There seems to be quite a few T2's still about but original Vit's like yours are very thin on the ground. Still regret selling mine. :facepalm:

Re:

Never part with this one. Always wanted one BITD but could never afford it. Ended up with a nickel silver p7 which was a great 2nd choice ! Drove from Liverpool to Stif cycles in Leeds early one Saturday morning in 1995, they built me a p7 there and then in front of my eyes ! One of the coolest things I have ever seen. Best £830 I’ve ever spent.

rwm1962":196fyppo said:
Excellent!

Cheers - I'll be gutted if it's a no-go or cracks again.

file.php
I think sunsets look sweet on a ti Frame. That's nice. Hope it's good news for you ;)

Sad to see no more replies to date.

I took mine to the welders today & it was met with a 'Whey aye, no problem'. Hopeful.

Back