How can I extend a 130mm Bullseye Hub with spacers

midibiker

Klein Fan
Hi does anyone have an experience with extending 130mm Bullseye Hubs to 135mm.

I have a of 135mm ones but I don't know if they have been extended.

1. How could I tell?

2. I have seen that you can buy generic 130 > 135mm spacers for hubs on Ebay to make them fit in the stays. Do you think that these would work?

Thanks

You'll need a new axle and a few more spacers...I have the original instructions , will post them up( think I have posted them up before) @danson67 is machining me some, so you could contact him

Maybe you are thinking of the American Classic/Kingsbery hubs? There you only had a "stub" axle and different sized spacers for 126, 130 and 135mm, which slide over the axle stub on the non drive side.
Pic from Velobase:
CCFE78AA-E64F-46F1-A6F0-CC561D1115E0.jpeg

Thanks that is a great help.

But it all sounds a bit complicated right now.

I thought the axels where 130/133/135mm.

I have seen people put in the spaces to make them go from 130 > 135 but I'm just not too sure how they managed it.
I replaced the axle on mine, not sure how adding spacers would help as it the axle you need to extend so it’ll sit in the dropouts.
If danson67 is machining some for Yakboy, having him make you one is probably your best bet as genuine 143.76mm axles are hard to come by.

I replaced the axle on mine, not sure how adding spacers would help as it the axle you need to extend so it’ll sit in the dropouts.
If danson67 is machining some for Yakboy, having him make you one is probably your best bet as genuine 143.76mm axles are hard to come by.
Hi,

That's what I would have thought. But I have seen people talking about adding spacers to them so that they work in a 135mm space.

It would be nice to find someone that can make some compatible axles.

Back