Hope compatibility…

WWC

Senior Retro Guru
Hello everybody

Hope our collective new years have started well?

I have a Hope compatibility question that online wisdom is contradicting itself on…

I have a rear Hope Bulb hub/wheel currently in QR guise that I would like to convert to 12mm bolt through.

Lots of Pro II axles about but not so many Bulb axles.

So the question is do the Pro II axles fit Bulb hubs?

Thanks in advance.

Will

Re:

Hey buddy

Tried that it doesn’t mention bulb rear hubs on the conversion table...

Cheers for the reply though.

Re:

I seem to remember was a 12 x 135 (and a 12 x 150) but nothing for modern standards unfortunately, you need axle, end caps and bearings to convert.

Re:

Cheers dude, my lbs confirmed it can order the bearings and I have the caps just trying to find out if I can get away with a Pro II axle or if I need to find a Bulb specific axle?

There are old threads online talking about converting between qr and 12mm bolt through and vice versa.

It’s for an older frame so should be fine if I can sort an appropriate axle...

Re:

Might have answered my own question with a bit better googling...think the answered they are different.,.

Attachments

• 13C9D939-61BC-44D0-95FA-BB25AAB7C5C0.jpeg
    13C9D939-61BC-44D0-95FA-BB25AAB7C5C0.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 504
Re: Re:

Timoth27":2hynutue said:
I seem to remember was a 12 x 135 (and a 12 x 150) but nothing for modern standards unfortunately, you need axle, end caps and bearings to convert.

As above.

I'll check the box as i did have some rough bulb bolt through axles :? Might have given them away though, its the old old old box.

dyna-ti":3pbibht3 said:
Timoth27":3pbibht3 said:

As above.

I'll check the box as i did have some rough bulb bolt through axles :? Might have given them away though, its the old old old box.

Literally just looked at your for sale advert from 2013...

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=298907

Re:

Sadly I don’t have access to the machinery any more (otherwise I would of had a go) but I don't see any reason why you couldn’t make the parts to convert to 12x142.

Probably a long shot but have you tried emailing hope. They sent me a brand new bulb qr axle last year FOC.

dyna-ti":2nwct5ph said:
Timoth27":2nwct5ph said:

As above.

Dyna-ti After the op if you have more than one I’d be interested mate.

Back