HELP - Titanium frame identification please! DNA?

Haylock1974

Retro Guru
I have a titanium frame which I am struggling to identify...

The information I have is that it was probably built during the early to mid 90s in Russia. Names such as Titanium Red have been mentioned but I have seen a picture of the Titanium Red Mig 1 and they are not the same.

To me it looks more like a DNA frame I have seen, in particular the cable guides and the dropout shape.

I am hoping that the distinctive star on the inside of the dropouts is a major clue!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• red 3.jpg
    red 3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 556
  • red 2.jpg
    red 2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 556
  • red 1.jpg
    red 1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 556
This is the picture of the Titanium Red Mig 1.

Definitely not one of those!

Attachments

• Titanium Red.jpg
    Titanium Red.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 567
So I have been doing a bit more digging and it seems the DNA frames were built by a Russian company called USV.

As my frame is pretty much identical to the 'DNA Tube' frame I can only assume it was also built by USV but for a brand other than DNA... hence the star on the dropout.

So does the star link the frame back to 'Titanium Red' or maybe 'Red Star' which is a another brand name I have seen although not sure it actually existed.

If there are any Russian titanium frame experts out there, please get in touch.

Re:

I agree, USV made at Nizhgy Novgorod which weld for lot of european brand : DNA cycles, Red Ti, EBD....
Yours is a first generation with cannondale style dropouts

Re: Re:

24pouces":2ph03fkb said:
I agree, USV made at Nizhgy Novgorod which weld for lot of european brand : DNA cycles, Red Ti, EBD....
Yours is a first generation with cannondale style dropouts

Thanks 24pouces

Any thoughts on the star? Brand?

Back