Help needed: Identify my 90's Kona frame

Thanks FC. Never seen, or noticed, the flattened tubes on the frames before.

And the straight tubing at bottom of seat tube suggests its not any Tange frame, or even one of Kona.s own shaped tubesets.

Also like above, if your not restoring to original ie; by putting disc tabs on, then use your imagination and paint it something interesting :cool:

janhe":2wb8bwlv said:
part of me is thinking 1996 Kilauea, because of the color. It wasn't that obvious green as I tried to sand the rattle can paint jobs off. Weight is indeed seems to be in the Kilauea area, and Kilauea in cyber tubing didn't have bulge in the seat tube in 1996? Thank you all for your input so far.
The 1996 Columbus Cyber tubing Kilauea has an indent on the inside of the Chain Stay:

Pip

Attachments

• 1996 Kilauea Stay Indent.JPG
    1996 Kilauea Stay Indent.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 403
janhe":9cfuct77 said:
part of me is thinking 1996 Kilauea, because of the color. It wasn't that obvious green as I tried to sand the rattle can paint jobs off. Weight is indeed seems to be in the Kilauea area, and Kilauea in cyber tubing didn't have bulge in the seat tube in 1996? Thank you all for your input so far.

The '96 Kilauea has kinked chainstays for added tyre clearance.

janhe":3iq50au4 said:

wrong way, the frames weight is more in the fire mountain/hahaha territory.

Re:

2285g with 6 coats of paint. Search continues. I found some photos of 96 Kilauea that did not have the crimped chain stays.

Re: Re:

janhe":5zs9f9ko said:
2285g with 6 coats of paint. Search continues. I found some photos of 96 Kilauea that did not have the crimped chain stays.
which is why I went Cindy/lava.

Why do you think or not one

Kila 96 but not the best pics.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=388861

edit stick links up for what you have found, might help other at some point.

Back